• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Any Veterinary Science Students? (1 Viewer)

flamebro3

Is there anyone here who is studying Veterinary Science at melb. uni coz I want to study that next year after finishing my VCE this year.

Lauzarina

HSC
personally, i'm not... but i hope you're studying hard cos it's pretty much impossible to get into

klwhite

HSC
Hi!
I just got into Vet. Science at Melbourne. It is pretty hard to get into but the way that is easiest is to do a year of straight science first and then apply to go into first year vet. Science.

To get a HECS place you need to get an average of about 80 (including Biology Chemistry and Physics as year long frist year subjects). If full fee is an option for you I think you still need about 75 average.

To get in this way also involves an interview - clock up as much animal experience as possible (they expecially like experience with horses or cattle)

You can do the science at any Uni. Melb Uni is a good one but hard to get the marks. I recommend Animal Science at Latrobe - Quite a few of us come from that course and the lecturers there are good at helping you get the grades.

To get into pre-vet at Melbourne you need an ENTER over 98 I think so very few people get in that way...

You will finish the degree at the same time regardless of if you do prevet or 1 year of science.

If you can make it to the Veterinary Science Open Day at Werribee you will be able to find out heaps of infomation regarding which sciences courses you can do and which subjects you have to do to be eligible...

I believe this open day is on the 2nd of April 2006 but best to check for yourself later on...

Best of Luck, I hope this has helped you feel like it is not entirely hopeless =)

-Kate

Tuna

HSC
N/A
You could try to apply interstate if you really like the course

weewaarjg

HSC
Hi

i know that it is very hard to get into Vet science anywhere in Aus.
i really want to go to CSU at wagga nxt year and do it

i know that the uai is pretty high but there is also a questionairre to fill in.

is any one doing vet science at wagga - what is it like, are fees and living expenses very expensive. any other info about it?

Thanks
B.

greMlin72

Green Zombie
HSC
Well, ive just entered year 12, and i am wishing to do Large Animal Veterinary, what subjects are required? I heard the prequisites were Chemistry and Physics, and i have done one year of chem, but dropped it for the Hsc. Will i have to do a catchup in these two subjects in order to get into the course? (presuming still that i get the UAI)
Also, what is the UAI acceptance for CSU?
And (sorry!) if i didn't get the UAI, what is the next best idea for getting into Vet? It is something i really want to do.
Thanks heaps.
-kerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)