ANY1 STILL HAVEN"T STARTED WRITING IT? (1 Viewer)

OutOfOrder

HSC
yeah i havent written anything relevant to the story either.
i was the only one in my ext 2 class who didnt have a solid idea, so she got me to write a a couple pages on different kindsa stories. she wrote 2 whole pages on how she loved them and that i should combine them and stuff.
So while the others have been writing stuff relevant to their actual stories.. i have nothing to show as of yet :)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
OutOfOrder said:
yeah i havent written anything relevant to the story either.
i was the only one in my ext 2 class who didnt have a solid idea, so she got me to write a a couple pages on different kindsa stories. she wrote 2 whole pages on how she loved them and that i should combine them and stuff.
So while the others have been writing stuff relevant to their actual stories.. i have nothing to show as of yet :)
at least you're experimenting. In fact, just damn hand up your pages on the different stories. Markers might think it's amazingly postmodern and put you in showcase.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ive got something like 862 words.. my teacher wants a draft by the end of the holidays and im sposed to be studying for my half yearlies which are first 2 weeks back - shes not gonna get it. :)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
_muse_ said:
ive got something like 862 words.. my teacher wants a draft by the end of the holidays and im sposed to be studying for my half yearlies which are first 2 weeks back - shes not gonna get it. :)
woah.....your half yearlies are 2 weeks into term 2?! That's absolutely crazy. GOOD LUCK!
HAHAHA i have no excuse, since my trials are in term 3. I have to hand in my draft =(

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I'm not quite sure what to do. I have a definate idea, but I think it might be a bit too much to pull off and considering that I havn't even started yet... unless I get a sudden surge of creativity in the next week and write 15 minutes worth of play I think I might have to drop.

alessandra

HSC
i have done my 1st draft but now i have to create a webpage, only one problem ..i dont really know how to so that is going to take me forever

Alimoe_KG

HSC
alessandra said:
i have done my 1st draft but now i have to create a webpage, only one problem ..i dont really know how to so that is going to take me forever
woah webpage? I'm curious. Tell me about your MW.

and KFUNK! i know who you are :p And i know you can pull it off!!
Don't drop it! 4U English is the damn coolest subject in year 12 and if you leave...there'll be no one to keep chance and paul in check =)

Last edited by a moderator:

alessandra

HSC
It’s called blurring the boundaries and it’s a critical analyse/ imaginative journey style thing, that explores 3 fashion designers and how their works have manipulated and changed society. It’s kinda strange I deconstruct Chanel, Issey Miyake and Versace’s works in different ways. Firstly I look at each designers context and how that has influenced their designs and then I look and Chanel as liberation of women which is really historical and boring lol, then I look at Versace as art and deconstruct 2 images as pieces of art (like I look at colour, texture ect ect) and the Issey I look at as architecture. So its really just about fashion. Lol it’s really not very good I need to work on it heaps. It kinda relates to English cause I look at the designers as rebels, as they didn’t conform to their context, and also a journey that has lead to what today’s societies values ect ect …I have to be careful that it doesn’t become to vague and superficial

Alimoe_KG

HSC
alessandra said:
It’s called blurring the boundaries and it’s a critical analyse/ imaginative journey style thing, that explores 3 fashion designers and how their works have manipulated and changed society. It’s kinda strange I deconstruct Chanel, Issey Miyake and Versace’s works in different ways. Firstly I look at each designers context and how that has influenced their designs and then I look and Chanel as liberation of women which is really historical and boring lol, then I look at Versace as art and deconstruct 2 images as pieces of art (like I look at colour, texture ect ect) and the Issey I look at as architecture. So its really just about fashion. Lol it’s really not very good I need to work on it heaps. It kinda relates to English cause I look at the designers as rebels, as they didn’t conform to their context, and also a journey that has lead to what today’s societies values ect ect …I have to be careful that it doesn’t become to vague and superficial

HAHAHA! no it sounds awesome! sooooo is it a critical analysis or what? Or is it a short story? Because mine is a hybrid short story/essay.

OutOfOrder

HSC
haha yeah i combined 3 of those stories i handed in into one story, and so i have 3000 words done now ;) trouble is.. it made me realise the story i planned to do will end up like 20000 words, so now i have to think of a story along the same lines that will fit in 8000 :(

Alimoe_KG

HSC
OutOfOrder said:
haha yeah i combined 3 of those stories i handed in into one story, and so i have 3000 words done now ;) trouble is.. it made me realise the story i planned to do will end up like 20000 words, so now i have to think of a story along the same lines that will fit in 8000 :(

HAHAHA! me too! i had the same problem. Don't worry, once you sit down and think about it, it's actually not that hard to trim down. The trouble is, we often like our ideas so much that we're loathe to give it up. But i think you can always find someway to include the idea without necessarily using 100 words to do it. Just play around with it.

alessandra

HSC
Airness said:
HAHAHA! no it sounds awesome! sooooo is it a critical analysis or what? Or is it a short story? Because mine is a hybrid short story/essay.
ahhh well, its a webpage so i am just sticking to that lol only cause i dont really know, it kinda combos everything

Alimoe_KG

HSC
alessandra said:
ahhh well, its a webpage so i am just sticking to that lol only cause i dont really know, it kinda combos everything

lol alright. Make sure you do specifically emphasise one medium though.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
OutOfOrder said:
That's what i had at first. I originally proposed to write 4 short stories link by similar motifs, except i realised each story would be approximately 3000 words, so yeh 12000. I was half way through the first one when i decided it wasn't right for me =). Always stick with what you know, what you're passionate about, but please don't be afraid to experiment

lilkatie

Hmm i haven't started writing a thing!! I don't even have a plot....but I'm planning to have something done by the end of teh holidays otherwise my teacher mught kill me hey

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
katie, i have to say, from the looks of ur sig, im not suprised u havent started, 15 units worth?? includin 4unit english and cosmology!!!! wtf?? im gunna hava guess and say u did the sciences acceletared?? (allow private messages btw...)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
distinction couse run by charles sturt, u only do em if u hav been accelareted in a course, there is cosmology, philosophy and ...comparative literature

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)