anybody applying for COFA - 2004? (1 Viewer)

lazybum

HSC
N/A
i applied for B Arts/Design, Desigh, B Arts, etc, etc. I'll get in UAI based, but i have no idea about COFA policies....
confused

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah why is it that everyone thinks that cofa is not just uai based..? :confused:
it's only based on your uai (which actually i think is kinda stupid)

but i've applied for b art theory/arts and b design/art education

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
damn is seriously no one but me and lazy bum applying for cofa..?

lazy bum so what course did you end up putting as your first choice? i put art theory, then fine arts then digital media.

rubylotus11

It's on my preferences but I want to do a Bachelor of Arts at Syd. But I love the campus at COFA and its location. I would want to do a Bachelor of Design or Fine Arts. Goodluck anyway!

Eliza B

I was very interested in studying Design at COFA, but I was told that there are limited career opportunities, and thus chose Design in visual communications at UTS as my first pref. What do you guys think about the courses at COFA?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i think that if youve chosen anything related to the design/art industry you've chosen a tough life in terms of finding a job, and then once you find a job, keeping that job

that's the good thing about art degrees, in that job opportunties are much more broader cos you can go into sucha huge variety of careers, but the sacrifice you have to make is that your 'dream' career may not be your first career (or you may not even be able to do it at all)

chanfky

COFA rocks guys! I'm doing digital media at COFA and it's fantastic! yes the campus is small and not even 1/10 of the main campus at kensington, but we have a common room with nice comfy sofas and mattresses, a pool table and table tennis table! it's a small community and so it's easy to find friends and stuff. a very cosy place really! if u're looking to do design or art, cofa is in a very good location to do them. many art galleries around, and two just right opp. and next to cofa! and there are constantly people and students exhibiting in those galleries. cofa rocks man!

RZ

HSC
where is the COFA lol i dont know >.<
i got into B Design, it was my backup so im waiting for late round to see if i can get into something else

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
it's in paddington, a 5-10 minute bus ride from central station

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
congrats!
i wonder how many cofa students there will be this year..

RZ

HSC
hey finally somebody else doin B Design wif me, but it was my 6th preference and im waiting for late round if im lucky so i might see u and i might not ^^;

RZ

HSC
is there a B arts/ B design? or is it B art edu/B desing?

stump

I know there's a combined art education and design, that was my second choice (but then it went up higher than my first choice)

dieselboi

I got in but only on a fee-paying basis. I have accepted it, but i don't know what to do.. should i go ahead with it?? I mean do you think it's worth it???

Otherwise i will be doing a B Design (Visual communication) @ UWS which is just five minutes away from me

going to COFA will take me at least an hour and a half.

I like the location of COFA, but what will Fine arts qualify me for...

OMG the fee is like $18 720.00

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
I'm doing B Design, it was my second pref so I'm really happy. I've only heard good things about COFA so I'm looking forward to going there :)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
dieselboi: think about how you could afford that almost 20 grand.. and that's not including the materials you're going to have to buy for fine arts.

i guess you just have to think about what you want to see oyurself doing in 5 years.. fine arts is a heaps broad area which could lead you into a potentially risky but passionate career, and visual communication could probably get you a job more easily but you might not get the job that you want straightaway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)