anybody here tutor?? (1 Viewer)

iheartgeorge

HSC
hey, i've just started tutoring this yr 7 kid and im helping him out with english, history and geography..i've been trying to think about what to do with him since what you learn kind of varies with every school...anyone got any ideas??

HSC
Each kid will have his own way of learning... just try and find his way of learning, then revolve your tutoring around that while making it fun.

English, history and geography are great subjects for discussion and that's one of the best ways of learning. You also might wanna explain it in terms he is familiar with so that he can become more engaged in the discussion.

Jase

HSC
kid is in yr7. i would relax and try and make the lessons as fun and interactive as possible.

ask him to analyse his favourite books (if any?) i.e. in the english way -> language tools, structure, symbols.. e.t.c.

history is fun.. just tell stories.

Fairytale

HSC
N/A
How much are you getting paid? I personally think it's a waste of time if someone does one-on-one tutoring and gets paid less than $20 an hour. I used to charge only $12 an hour for one-on-one tutoring and that was a total waste of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)