Anybody planning on sacrificing something for yr 12? (2 Viewers)

SimonLee13

HSC
Do you have something you'll definitely sacrifice once term 4 arrives? Co-curricular stuff like sport and music?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
You really shouldn't have to sacrifice anything, maybe have better time management but otherwise you'll be fine.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I'm giving up my sad myspace and msn addictions and most likely soccer. A the moment soccer takes up roughly 3 hours of training a week and 3 hours for the game and travelling, it is a large portion of my week that i can do without losing.
However my teachers have told me to keep playing because its a good stress relief.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I already sacrificed piano. I'll probably start again when I finish HSC.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
I sacrificed exercise =P rofl, unhealthy i know.. but it's not like i'll turn fat :p thanks to my asianess. Planning to sacrifice... well.. i got pretty much nothing to sacrifice (yay)!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
That sounds pretty stupid. You know exercise can get the blood and oxygen pumping to your brain and help you concentrate and work more efficiently...

the.RAVER

HSC
Well I don't think I could give up my MSN and Myspace, and especially any of my technology, lol I pretty much find that I'm dependant on it. I was considering giving up my Trumpet and Piano and starting up again in UNI, but I don't know... I don't want to loose what I love. Although then again it is my future....

catherinet

HSC
sacrifice myself...

na, but i need to give up MSN and all the distractions that exist in my house. I am therefore puting a stratergy in place where i don't come home until i have finished all my homework!
I'm going to go to the library every day after school and not get up until i am finished!

It may be harsh, but unless i push myself, i won't get anywhere.

catherinet

HSC
the.RAVER said:
Well I don't think I could give up my MSN and Myspace, and especially any of my technology, lol I pretty much find that I'm dependant on it. I was considering giving up my Trumpet and Piano and starting up again in UNI, but I don't know... I don't want to loose what I love. Although then again it is my future....
Music can be used as a stress management/relief stratergy during the HSC, rather than a burden.

MSN and Myspace are the least productive ways tp spend time. If you want to sacrifice something, they should be the first to go.

p.s. sorry if i sound teacher/parent- like

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Aplus said:
That sounds pretty stupid. You know exercise can get the blood and oxygen pumping to your brain and help you concentrate and work more efficiently...
I haven't noticed anything different. My concentration levels have remained the same =P

Aplus

HSC
N/A
catherinet said:
Music can be used as a stress management/relief stratergy during the HSC, rather than a burden.
The amount of practice and dedication required in music may minimise availability of time to effectively study.

jazzbaby

HSC
dance.
but i would NEVER give that up unless i really really REALLY had to.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
the-derivative said:
I'm sure if you manage your time properly, you wont have to give up dancing.
Nobody should really have to give up anything. If you ask any uni/anyone who has finished the hsc they should pretty much tell you that if they had organised their time better/stop procrastinating (assuming they did give up something) they wouldn't of had to.

Everything, everyone has said in this thread they really shouldn't have to give up maybe except computer related ones since you could easily get distracted while typing essays or something.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I'm sacrificing Tennis on Saturdays because of tuition and I need the spare time. There goes my competitiveness and skill... But I'll still be playing for school on Wednesdays and training on Thursdays :D.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I gave up netball. Worst decision. It was two afternoons a week for an hour and one saturday morning. If I had the sense and could go back, I would have just begged for one training session and stuck it out. I could have organised my time around it as well, but I didn't, and it's going to suck to get back in the swing of competition playing after two years of non comp, and then non netball.

I also gave up my spine. My posture sucks because of hsc/stupid school chairs.

Other than that, I didnt really sacrafice much.

jazzbaby

HSC
the-derivative said:
I'm sure if you manage your time properly, you wont have to give up dancing.
yeah i managed to cope with everything this year and i have 13 u..next yr i will have 11 u..so it should be better in a sense.
oh well
shall see how it goes =]

the.RAVER

HSC
catherinet said:

MSN and Myspace are the least productive ways tp spend time. If you want to sacrifice something, they should be the first to go.

p.s. sorry if i sound teacher/parent- like
Lol, nah its cool I agree with you 100%. And I wish I lived closer to a public library, then I'd do what you're planning on doing. Its so much easier to work in an environment away from home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)