Anybody top a subject? (1 Viewer)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Ok...just wanted to pre-empt the inevitable. I remember last year people who topped subjects or got above 90 in everything started finding out around about now....This is a pretty smart forum so theres a pretty good chance of someone here being one of those achievers :)

So, did anyone find anything interesting out? Please post!

(and btw...well done! :) )

timmii

sporadic attendee
I remember knowing that a ppl in the yr above had topped subjects on about the tuesday of this equivalent week....they tell u beforehand becoz u need to go to a ceremony on friday...or something like that.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Oh I see. Is the ceremony just for people who topped each subject in the state?

well I haven't get any notification yet.

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
Damn, those top nerdy students get to know their marks before us? Not fair :mad1:

schwang_thang

my friend topped the state in legal studies :D !!!!

im so happi 4 him...but im not supposed 2 know hehe...just got the fone call 2day...hope the BoS doesnt read this n he doesnt get in2 trouble =/

schwang_thang

btw it was a massive surprise cos hes not a nerd or nething...
all he did was cram b4 exams, hell he even copied my homework the entire yr!!

Christine

beige member
HSC
I topped Std English and Beginners Italian at my school, i have a lot of doubts as to my rank in the state tho!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by schwang_thang

kinda makes u wonder how u performed urself tho...doesnt it?
ah wells only 3 days 2 go :D
I know....I just wish i had some sort of reassurance i did ok... Like the ppl who got pre-selected for art express KNOW they got over 90 for their major work....which is some sort of certainty.

hornet

first in the state? damn i wish!! :)

first in school? yeah. software design. 1/11. had a close-ish second (trailed me by bout 5 marks), but after that most didnt try much

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Even if I did get a top of the state in a subject I don't think that the BOS could ring me cause my phone line is never free (as I'm on the net all the time).

martin

Mathemagician
HSC
I came first in the state in 3U Maths. Got a phone call at about 9:30 this morning. Chick from the board of studies confirmed who I was (had to give student number) then told me I came first. I'm coming down to Sydney on thursday for the presentation. Anyone else going to be there? I'll be the guy with the red beard.
I can't believe I actually came first. I had to listen to an entire Lucksmiths album just to regain some mental equilibrium and I haven't told anyone except my dad yet. I wonder if my school knows, or if I should ring them. Anyway back to wandering about my house in a daze.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Congratulations,

If only i could come first in anything!!!

martin

Mathemagician
HSC
Na, didn't tell me any marks. But when I left the exam I though I was a chance for 100% and you probably need that to come first.
Yeah I do 4U, but I wasn't quite as confident about my performance in that exam. Hopefully I'll still do well.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Martin, thats incredible..didn't really think anyone *could* do that well in 3u :D Congrats!!!

P.S - the scaling for you should be incredible...what other subjects do u do?

martin

Mathemagician
HSC
I do 4U maths, Phys, Chem, SDD & Adv. English. Go ahead and stereotype me, but I'm not that much of a freak.
UPDATE: I called up the BOS again (they're going to pay for my flight, but not my parents) and was told that I shouldn't tell anyone except my parents. So, to anyone reading this, keep it under your hat. Just between you and me :D

timmii

sporadic attendee
hush hush - top secret ey? :p

Don't worry, a couple of girls at my school topped subjects last year....within a few hours the *entire* school knew. Anyways, its really fantastic, you must be soooo thrilled!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)