Anybody wanna make bets on paper 1 Theme? (1 Viewer)

wootwoot1234

HSC
i reckon identity. everyone is predicting community but it was already asked in 2010 "An individual’s interaction with others and the world around them can enrich or limit their experience of belonging". it is unlikely they would repeat the same theme this year.

danniomc

HSC
Community would be fantastic for my thesis, and identity would be perfect for my creative writing, and I think it'll be one of those two...

RishBonjour

HSC
identity. (relationships, places, community - world, already asked)

fml. my creative has nothing to do with it :(

micwes12

HSC
To be honest, I don't care as long as they don't ask for two related texts! Or particular poems, or something like that. They could potentially go with a basic theme and do something tricky like particular poems :L

EvansOne

HSC
N/A
"In engaging with the text, a responder may experience and understand the possibilities presented by a sense of belonging to, or exclusion from the text and the world it represents."
I legitimately wouldn't even know how to respond to that...

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
to be honest, i don't care as long as they don't ask for two related texts! Or particular poems, or something like that. They could potentially go with a basic theme and do something tricky like particular poems :l
+1.

One related and i'll be fine!

Keelan134

HSC
Do you reckon they could bring in contexts, how do contexts shape our level of belonging. Ideally I would like Identity for Skrzynecki, but when you say community it could mean people, the culture etc.

My Creative Writing I made has each sort of aspect of belonging in it, acceptance, indentity, relationships. If there is a particular focus I just emphasise that aspect in my story. If we get a speech you just turn your story into an anecdote, feature article much the same.

Also praying for a broad, "How is belonging represented in this text" :p

zb123

HSC
Identity as in belonging effecting identity? Or identity effecting the capacity to belong?

micwes12

HSC
+1.

One related and i'll be fine!
Same! I know my first really, really well! But I'd rather be asked on specific poems than two related texts I think. Usually if they ask for specifics they include an excerpt so you can kinda make it up.

Keelan134

HSC
Identity as in belonging effecting identity? Or identity effecting the capacity to belong?
Probably the latter, Not understanding one's self doesn't allow you to belong as you conform etc and don't be the individual you wanna be.

matt_tomii

HSC
Slapping sluts with goonbags just an outside thought or maybe belonging - (identity) or how meaningful relationships can be formed some bullshit its english...
However the past 3 years they have done places, people and the enrichment or limiting of belonging through interactions or understanding.

kenkap

HSC
how the hell do u convert a story with complication and climax into a feature article/speech ??????

strawberryswing

HSC
Maybe 'Time' will come up, but that's been assessed in some of the trials this year.

And to the speech question, i'd just write a speech saying 'in the life of (add your story/main character here)' or something, idk, im hoping it wont be that!

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
how the hell do u convert a story with complication and climax into a feature article/speech ??????
The prevalence of a different text type, other than the narrative, has been quite low, from what I remember there was one asking for a letter, a feature article seems a bit too extreme for the creative but not for the essay.

Wentworth

HSC
belonging to Centrelink

edit: could be belonging to the text or some crap like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)