Anyone At All Doing I S R A E L ? ? (1 Viewer)

jaNetix

Anyone At All Doing I S R A E L ? ?

i would find it of GREAT help if ANYONE had anything on this...doing it in skool now and not really understanding much....apparently like hardly anyones does it in the HSC

jaNetix

no im very sure its not mistaken 4 modern...
i think only like 100 ppl do it in the HSC, which is prolly heaps good 4 me..

jaNetix

umm...its the society study..
were doing from Jeroboam to ...something
*religion..yahwehism
- syncretism
*role of the prophets
thats all weve done so far

and Jezzebel is our personality...which links in....
the Bible is pretty much our only primary source...but theres a fre archaeogical stones and written things

manda

israel

dude! ive found someone else doin it!! im so not happy about doing this topic...my teacher forced us to do it cause she did it at uni...ahh...how you dealing with it? personally i hate it!:chainsaw:
and its jereboam to the fall of samaria...stupid stupid topic blargh!:mad1:

jaNetix

i really thik theres like 100 ppl doin it 4 hsc...

yee so u go tynndale ay??..im at toonie
our teaher did it 4 her hsc and she likes it so we do it!
i dont really like it, but its not like i hate...i mean i dun know much from that part of the Bible really...so i gotta read heaps!
its just .... not that interesting...
have u done an assessment on it yet?.. mines in like 3 week i think

if u knew any websites or books or any place 4 easy 2 understand stuff, pls let me kno!

wat else do ya'll do?

manda

im not surprised theres so little doing it...it sux thats why! :mad1:
i dont hate the topic...i am just so sick of it...we did it for two terms straight...cause we did it as a society and a period...and we did jezebel as a personality...im over it entirely! so i have done all the assessments and what not for it...i have a whole heap of booklets that my teacher gave me and some assessments...ill see what i can do if you need some more info. you can email me at: woief@hotmail.com if you need to. john bright is heaps helpful aswell!! thats what i found anyways...plus i have a friend who studied ancient history at uni and majored in ancient israel...so he helped a far bit :cool:
yeah i go to tyndale...i used to go to toonie...when i was in yr 2 and 3. my frind natasha jayaratne goes there now. how long have you been there for?
im off to do my ancient assessment on sparta now :(

jaNetix

2 terms straight! oFFTTT..id die...
yeh tash!...shes a mate of mone..we do art together..shes funny.

my assessments on religion of cannanites and hebrews before syncretism....then after...and the role Jezebel played in it...
my teacher juz chuked at us reading material from Comay, Soggins and i think it was Bright..

ive been at toonie since yr 4...thats pretty long...but its cool... the ppl are the best..some very interesting characters
yee

spartans...arnt dey da gay ones dat died out eventually?

manda

we did the roles of the prophets in ancient israel, and we did one on ba'al and asherah, and then one on jezebel and her effect on ancient israel...didnt like them...but if ya need info ive got booklets...ill see if i can help ya out.
spartans were thought to be homosexual...they ran around and did everything naked...its highly possible...
say hi to tash for me! she was my best friend when we were in primary school :) i miss her!

Procras_witfood

I do Israel too...we're all on the same boat...albeit very small....

Apparently, the religious schools are the ones that tend to do Israel-Christian, Jewish, Catholic etc.

Since our course demands that we investigate sources other than the Bible, and books are craphouse sources of info for this subject, the net is a pretty good source of info. Just make sure you use the advanced search instead of just typing jezebel.

i.e you can type in jezebel+ancient writers, or jezebel+baal worship etc.

Hope that helps.

beckella

lol lol... i go 2 a public skool... and im also doing jezebel and israel... as well as sparta and the persian wars... i hate the persian wars its so ew... jezebel is fun 2 learn about though... its quite interesting... well i found it 2 be more than sparta and the persian wars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)