Anyone bum out like me?? (1 Viewer)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i bombed out a bit but only as much as you can when youre prepared. chem i got 87 in the exam but 93 for school. bio 90 for exam but 93 at school. basically an off day did it for me. too much nerves and poorly handled nerves. dont care anyways cause i should be set for my course next year........

Jacks

HSC
what do you mean drop out of school and not complete the HSC...you get a HSC no matter your UAI...I don't understand what you mean by your first point...but yes you can apply for uni as a mature aged student...

69^boi

HSC
N/A
no no i arleady did finish my HSC dis year, that just a 'if' i drop out

Jacks

HSC
yeah I know that's why I didn't understand what you meant...since you already have a HSC that isn't a concern for you...do you mean is that an option for people generally?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Annegelic said:
Well yeah, once you're in uni your UAI probably doesn't mean anything. But you need that UAI to actually GET IN. So therefore, it's important.

Does it really take as little as 1 semester to transfer ? Your tafe course would have to be related to your uni course to transfer, right ?
you actually have to complete the TAFE course to transfer and it cant be any 0.5 or 1 year one, it has to be a diploma or higher to be considered for uni.

Jacks

HSC
well if that's the case that doesn't make much sense considering my friend went to tafe for only a semester before transferring and her uai was only in the 50s or so. She said she did well and was able to transfer...how is this possible if what you're saying is true?

69^boi

HSC
N/A
yes if that happens in their like they dont wannt do hsc and just wait till mature age

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Jacks said:
I don't see any signs of bombing out there...you've done really well I wish that was me on a bad day hehe. Congrats on the great marks
hey thanx. i know i might sound really picky its just after working pretty hard and having nerves get the better of me and all i under performed. i only just missed out on an all rounders prize too........im happy though cause im into my course unless the cut off jumps a huge amount. thats all that matters

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Jacks said:
well if that's the case that doesn't make much sense considering my friend went to tafe for only a semester before transferring and her uai was only in the 50s or so. She said she did well and was able to transfer...how is this possible if what you're saying is true?
well im totally not sure...

but in the best of my knowledge i heard it was to complete the full TAFE course.

Jacks

HSC
I know what you mean...I did fine but was still depressed...hehe not as well as you though...but so long as you're doing the course you like it's all good...the same goes for anyone...forget the marks and work hard at getting where you wanna go :)

And as for the transferring from tafe to uni I dunno how it works...but meh I'm sure those who persue entry to uni from tafe will figure it out and when you do maybe you can tell us how you did it?? :D

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Jacks said:
I know what you mean...I did fine but was still depressed...hehe not as well as you though...but so long as you're doing the course you like it's all good...the same goes for anyone...forget the marks and work hard at getting where you wanna go :)

And as for the transferring from tafe to uni I dunno how it works...but meh I'm sure those who persue entry to uni from tafe will figure it out and when you do maybe you can tell us how you did it?? :D
well most of the ppl i know who when to uni from tafe are like 20 - 21 yrs old so calculate what they did :)

Rory

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
Rory I don't like your chances. Not even any of the access schemes would improve your UAI. Talking to unis won't help you since you only got 52. Your best chance is tafe, get good marks, then transfer
Actually, I've got it all sorted now anyway :) After my mother discussed my options with the unis, I've been told to do a course at the University of Canberra College thing, and if I keep a credit average (which isn't that hard to do) I'll get to transfer to the Uni after a year; which is fine by me, I only get to do one course, hopefully it'll be the journalism one, and yeh, light workload which will help ease me into 'normal' schooling, my accomidation will be on the uni campus so I'll be in that environment and yeh, it's pretty much sorted. My disadvantages will help secure my place. I'll wait until I get the definite paperwork to say that yeh I'm going, but as it is the woman who organises it all has said I'm pretty much in. So yeh, I didn't expect to get into the Uni right away because I'd need an extra 20UAI points or something just to get into the lowest cut-off courses, so this is best suited for me and my 'situation' :)

Jacks

HSC
wow that's great news, congrats!! Well good luck with it all...and maybe some other people can find some hope in your good news...the moral of the story: keep trying ;)

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
i repeated at tafe this yr, tho i only could re do 3 subjects i ended gettin up 1 band 6, and 2 mid band 5's for the 1's i repeated

in 2003 i got UAI- 52.10
in 2004 i got UAI - 78.15

so if u got the motivation to do it, do it i say

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Annegelic said:
Well yeah, once you're in uni your UAI probably doesn't mean anything. But you need that UAI to actually GET IN. So therefore, it's important.

Does it really take as little as 1 semester to transfer ? Your tafe course would have to be related to your uni course to transfer, right ?
yeah i know a girl who got 92

didn't apply for uni = unimportant

good for her. I don't think she's shooting herself. She's just sure about what she's doing and no one should tell her what she's doing is wrong. It's her life...

theone123

blue essence
HSC
IP_freely said:
i repeated at tafe this yr, tho i only could re do 3 subjects i ended gettin up 1 band 6, and 2 mid band 5's for the 1's i repeated

in 2003 i got UAI- 52.10
in 2004 i got UAI - 78.15

so if u got the motivation to do it, do it i say
man thats great man, see with consistency and effort anyone can be like IP_freely.

*Flutterby*

Yep I have to say I bummed out, though considering the circumstances I suppose most ppl would say I did ok. My nan got really sick this year and nearly passed away and I'm her carer, so with all the duties at home and something like 2 months off school while she was sick and recovering my school marks plummeted a fair bit.
Still my marks were:
English adv= 78
English ext1= 31
English ext2= 32
Ancient history= 63
Community and family studies= 84
Drama= 71

I thought I'd failed so I suppose I did ok, but with a UAI of 62.5 I'm bitterly disappointed I suppose...
Oh well that's life, I coped and I came out ok

*hugs* for everyone who feels down about their marks

xx

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Did you guys... seriously try?
I got 86.. i didn't pick up an english book, i just read the study guides before the exams...
Did you hand in assignments? Do you go to some bad scaling school?

I don't get how u guys did as low as some of u have done without like a death in the family.

mack

Banned
HSC
Damn, reading this thread has made me terribly sad. If its any consolation to any of you, I missed out on my desired course as well, after I was heading for 99.95 after my trials. I'm sorry for anyone who didn't get what they wanted, but don't worry, one of the beauties of life is that there is always more than one way to get something. I'll leave you with a few quotes that helped me whenever I failed at something:

"The only place where your lifes dreams become impossible is your own mind."

"The present and future is whats important, not the past. Too many people allow the failures of the past to pollute their future."

"Failure and success are part of the same package. You can't experience one without experiencing the other."

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right."

"The true measure of greatness is not success, it is picking yourself up each time you fall."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)