Anyone burn out yet?? (1 Viewer)

Mdzabakly

HSC
So its 1 term into the hsc.
ive worked full on and hard out.
so far im still working hard even through the holidays and have not burnt out. has anyone burnt out yet? even temporarily ( therefore having free holidays or something).

tomodachi_

HSC
you're nuts enjoy your holidays while you can and study in between like don't go too crazy with the study. What do you want to do after hsc?

Mdzabakly

HSC
Well im not really working hard in the holidays i just mean im doing some work in the holidays ( so far just did my notes for all subjects ) but ive also gone out alot so yea im enjoying my holiday :). haha med hopeful ova here ^^

enoilgam

HSC
Just as a side note to this thread, I dont think most people understand what is meant by "burning out". The situation where a person works really hard initially then losses motivation isnt really burnout. Put simply, burnout occurs when a person solely focuses on work or some other task whilst neglecting all other personal needs, which inevitably leads to a collapse (i.e. nervous breakdown, suicide etc).

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Just as a side note to this thread, I dont think most people understand what is meant by "burning out". The situation where a person works really hard initially then losses motivation isnt really burnout. Put simply, burnout occurs when a person solely focuses on work or some other task whilst neglecting all other personal needs, which inevitably leads to a collapse (i.e. nervous breakdown, suicide etc).
Why so morbid man?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
nope
8 hours a day
finished all notes for every subject

now doing past papers
ready for half yearlies

Lol JK

haven't done jack shit

SunnyScience

HSC
It's probably a bit too early for anyone to experience real burn-out yet...been there, done that. ;) Good luck!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Random story time. I believe a girl i went to school with literally did burn out. She had a few breakdowns over the year and was prescribed anti depressants (she had stuff happening out side of school too though). Burning out like that is REALLY something you don't want to do!

enoilgam

HSC
Random story time. I believe a girl i went to school with literally did burn out. She had a few breakdowns over the year and was prescribed anti depressants (she had stuff happening out side of school too though). Burning out like that is REALLY something you don't want to do!
I have seen friends go through it before as well and it isnt pleasant. I just think that people have the wrong idea of what burnout is exactly. Many people think that burnout occurs when someone works really hard at the begining and then they lose motivation and stop working altogether. That isnt really burnout - that's more or less becoming tired as a result of failing to pace yourself.

enoilgam

HSC
Lol I quit HSC
Burnout is recognised as a mental disorder by some authorities. It happens in the workplace as well - it's a key concern for HR departments in high stress industries (i.e. investment banking, hospitals etc).

tonynho

HSC
I hope I don't burn out... But I won't, I gotta make sure I don't study (homework included) more than 4 hours maximum per day and make sure I go for my 1 hour walk each day, chill and relax with friends when I can.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
You guys are crazy!

This time last year, I worked maybe one day a week, if that.

I only did 2 hours every weeknight during HSC & about 3-4 hours during exams.

I can understand how some people would burn out though if you're studying non stop, jeez.

HSC
Nope. So far I've gone well in the Term 4 tests. Haven't done much this holidays except trying to get all my subject notes up to date by the time we return.

Last edited:

Immortalp00n

HSC
i do em on like side streets and stuff, not when there's cops around

Magical Kebab

HSC
Burnout is recognised as a mental disorder by some authorities. It happens in the workplace as well - it's a key concern for HR departments in high stress industries (i.e. investment banking, hospitals etc).
Yeah I've heard about that.

I guess it's stupid worrying that much about the HSC when so much stuff is gonna come around afterwards.

starshine02

HSC
I don't think I'd ever burn out but who knows? I'm just not the type of person that would neglect other parts of life besides study and work. I can't focus all my time on work anyways lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)