Anyone do a BA of Arts and commerce ? Need some serious help with timetabling (1 Viewer)

katie2011

HSC
So basically i have a few questions on how to structure my semesters doing the combined degree. How many units should be dedicated to my commerce major and the others for ar tand also foundation units. Also how many units per semester for this course is the average? Very confusing :( Some guidance would be much appreciated

thanks !

unknown88

HSC
N/A
ahhaha i have the same question as you but l am doing comm and engineering, im so confused! but l guess on 7th february enrolment day we can do all that shit, bcs we can only do draft timetable atm...we can actually set out our timetable on enrolment day

Last edited:

katie2011

HSC
ahhh i feel your pain. It's the worst haha yeah i guess so . I will just rock up like "hey.... no idea can you fix it please ?" thanks anyways :)

Atlas

HSC
N/A
On enrolment, you will get advice on how to structure your program and timetabling.

Some tips:
- for double degrees, consider balancing between your two diferent degrees; it's nice to be able to switch between the two different areas
- plan ahead; later units may have specific prerequisites
- most of the core units/foundation units are prerequisites for later units

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Look it's really something that comes down to preference. Nobody is going to tell you how to structure your degrees because to be honest its going to be different for each student. One semester you may have a subject from one of your degrees which you may anticipate to be challenging and as a result you may choose three easier subjects from your other degree. It just depends on many things.

The advice given above is very spot on. You need to plan ahead and work out the final details before you enrol. Check the prerequisites, go through the unit outlines and a get a feel for what you should be expecting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)