Anyone do Extension English? (1 Viewer)

HSC
What genre did you do this year?
Did anyone have to do Romantic Fictions like me?
EPHS '09

PRELIMINARY & HSC
advanced english
extension english
biology
mathematics
modern history
PDHPE
visual arts

HSC
we did love and relationships but all we did was read and watch texts and never analysed them or looked at quotes or techniques :burn:

HSC
jellybelly59 said:
We did the Individual and the society - Jane Austen. Next year we will be doing romanticism.
i did romanticism this year. interesting stuff

HSC
jellybelly59 said:
Next year we will be doing romanticism.
same but we did romantic poetry- shelley- in advanced so i'm not really looking foward to it

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
hell yeah except we did Super Creeps and Scary Monsters, from Dracula to Mr. Hyde via Frankenstein. That pretty much says what we did. (+ extra things mainly we did vampires tough)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
We did Utopia for Context, Values and Cultural.

larahrah

HSC
We did romantic comedy - clueless & emma. Emma was the worst term of my life. Ever. Clueless was lovely of course. I didn't even read Emma, the first and only book I've ever been given in English and I haven't read, haha when I told my english teacher that she was heartbroken..

ANTMfan91

HSC
We did Text, Culture and Values focusing on Gothic Fiction (Dracula, Interview with the Vampire and Buffy the Vampire Slayer+a related Gothic novel of our choice- I did the Picture of Dorian Gray).
Next year we're doing Romanticism- S.T Coleridge's Poetry, Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
ANTMfan91 said:
We did Text, Culture and Values focusing on Gothic Fiction (Dracula, Interview with the Vampire and Buffy the Vampire Slayer+a related Gothic novel of our choice- I did the Picture of Dorian Gray).
Next year we're doing Romanticism- S.T Coleridge's Poetry, Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I did Romanticism in Adv English.
However we focused mainly on Robert Frost and debated whether he was a Romantic Poet.

5233andy

HSC
The 'Nature of Evil' - a highly philosophical topic in EE1 - texts involved Conrad's "Heart of Darkness", Ford Coppola's film, "Apocalypse Now" and Eliot's poem, "The Hollow Men".

I really should continue this with EE2 - simply love this topic. It's a shame, really... considering that the HSC topic is Science Fiction - genre study. Prescribed texts include 'Dune', 'Brave New World' and 'Space Odyssey 2001'. No, I don't know the composers of each. I'm sort of looking forward to 'Brave New World' - given the one sentence synopsis that my teacher gave us. 'Dune' - a 600 page novel that is comparable with the Bible. I really do not enjoy Science Fiction...

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Yes I do English extension. This year (11) we did changing attitudes to war - studying poetry and biographies etc. It was ok. I find ext easier than advanced - anyone feel the same?
Next year we are doing crime fiction in ext 1 - woo hoo - I am looking forward to it. Anyone done crime fiction yet? Did you love it?

5233andy

HSC
the-derivative said:
Far out, everyone has such good topics.

I hated the 'Nature of Evil' ... I think if I was given another topic... I wouldn't have dropped Ext Eng.

lol it's not bad! in fact, I reckon it's an awesome topic - reveals a hell of a lot about the nature of humans. But had you continued with EE1, you'd be doing Science Fiction - something that no one really likes.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
5233andy said:
lol it's not bad! in fact, I reckon it's an awesome topic - reveals a hell of a lot about the nature of humans. But had you continued with EE1, you'd be doing Science Fiction - something that no one really likes.
Hey science fiction would've been better than The Nature of Evil - well if they let us do Star Wars :p

5233andy

HSC
Probably as a supplementary text. I personally hate Star Wars - biggest load of nonsense in history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)