Anyone doing Bachelor of Business (1 Viewer)

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Hi people,
i wanted to ask about this course.
how is it different from commerce.
i want to put it on my preferences, to be on the safe side, in case, i miss out on commerce~!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Its more focused on practical business skills, so I believe. In the first year, you do core subjects in various areas of business (such as accounting, economics, marketing, stats, law, managing, etc) to give you a taste of a wide variety of aspects in business. The in 2nd and 3rd years you get do start your major in whatever area you wish (accounting, economics, financement, marketing, etc), and you also have a choice of a 2nd major or some sub-majors and electives.

So its quite a good course if you want the general knowledge of the common areas of business, as well as an in-depth focus in at least one or more areas of business. So its a great course to consider!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
lol well since this is the UTS forum, I'd tell you to do the BBus, lol. But its up to you.

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
btw, if we take this course...what are the career prospects? i mean, what could we work as, is it like similar to commerce, e.g. if we undertake accounting we could work as accountants??

are u doing this course?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yes it depends on your major/s

So if you take a major in accounting and finance (which is a great combination) then you could be an accountant and work in the finance industry too, or both at the same time!

Another good combination is accounting/finance and information technology. You get your accounting skills and you get some computing skills as well, which are good for business.

The acounting major will qualify you for entry into CPA, as with most uni courses, and similar stuff for the other majors, such as banking.

No i'm not doing this course, but considering transferring into the BBus/BComp combined degree.

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
Thanks :) i have put it in my pref,..but i think UAC wont reach upto this 1...but yeah to be on the safe side...

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
i meant that its lower in my preferences...so chances are that i will get in to something placed first as my prefrence.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
what about b business/b science is anyone doing this combination? and is there any likely chance of the uai cut off going up?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
It could go up, prolly not as high as the single degree though.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
B.Bus/B. Law had a cutoff of 98.35. the year before it was 97.00.

what do ppl predict the cutoff could go to for next yr???

MrA

There are no cuts in places in UTS next year...

B.Business @ UTS was 93.25 last year...any predictions on UAI cut-off next year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)