Anyone doing BCom/BEc at UNSW? (1 Viewer)

gl

HSC
Well top of my preference list it BEc at UNSW, i'll just have to wait and see if my UAI will get me past the line.. who knows, especially the way the cut off UAI's for economics at UNSW and Sydney Uni keep rising in leaps and bounds....

nakata

yeh, thats another reason why i feel lucky that i did my HSC this year lol. Im hoping to do B commerce at UNSW too :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm
yeah BEc/BA @ UNSW is my 2nd pref.
but at the rate at which the cutoffs are rising every year, I think I'll b goin to macquarie

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
yup, bcom at unsw is my 4th pref
i thought its uai's been quite stable in recent yrs hasn't it?
although alotta ppl i talk to wanna do bcom at unsw.

do u have any particular interests in a major?

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
hmm
yeah BEc/BA @ UNSW is my 2nd pref.
I think thats about third or fourth on my list...I think I have commerce/laws, economics/law, international studies above that not sure in what order. GO UNSW!!!

edit: maybe I should be a tafe person, there uais are way too high for me

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
u better get 99.5 !
but im sure if u put it down as a preference, u'll get it :)

Blood-Work

dumb

Jessika you sound really dumb!!! I wish I had of been in your economics class so that I could have mocked your lack of abiliity. You have no hope of getting a UAI of 99.5!!!

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Re: dumb

Originally posted by Blood-Work
Jessika you sound really dumb!!! I wish I had of been in your economics class so that I could have mocked your lack of abiliity. You have no hope of getting a UAI of 99.5!!!
Well youre in a great mood arent you! Nah, you would not want to be in my class I would probably just frustrate you, because I am so 'dumb'!

I realise that I will not be getting a UAI of 99.5; I put it down as preference, because I liked the course, and it was just wishful thinking at that time (I will be happy with a UAI over 90). What I dont need right now though is people like you coming along taking your shit out on people you dont even know.

B

Bambul

For all those of you who end up going to UNSW I'd love to meet up with you in person. I'll be one of the yellow shirts (they're the O-Week volunteers who wear - surprise, surprise - yellow shirts) during O-Week, which you should all go to. It's loads of fun, there's lots to do and learn, plus there's a ton of free stuff. And the UNSW O-Week is the best in Australia, and the only one that actually goes for one week (as compared to UTS which was essentially just one day in 2002).

nakata

hehe, just like to say UNSW rocks as well! i put other preferences that r for Usyd and UTS, but i subtely made my preferences such that no matter how high or low my UAI is, ill still be goin to UNSW -grin-

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
uno ur all making 1 brutal mistake wen promoting the uni u want to goto. The UAI is based on supply and demand. So to increase ur chances of getting into the course, u should bag that uni out. That way the demand will decrease and the uai cutoff will be lower for u to gain access into.

No point sticking up for a course, only to raise the cutoff to an extent that juz limits ur access.

Yeah go WOLONGONG!! It's the best!!!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hopefully cut-offs wont vary THAT much...
and there are tens of thousands applying for uni, im sure a couple of ppl wont make a difference..! :p

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
uno ur all making 1 brutal mistake wen promoting the uni u want to goto. The UAI is based on supply and demand. So to increase ur chances of getting into the course, u should bag that uni out. That way the demand will decrease and the uai cutoff will be lower for u to gain access into.

No point sticking up for a course, only to raise the cutoff to an extent that juz limits ur access.

Yeah go WOLONGONG!! It's the best!!!!
um yeah, dont go to UNSW *its crap really I swear*.
try um something overseas of SCU! *its meant to go be good*

disclaimer: warning go to SCU at your own risk

gl

HSC
Stupid supply and demand. I'll show you.

timmii

sporadic attendee
What majors are everyone interested in?

I put down comm/law so if if i can only do 1 major it will be finance. If i don't make that, but get into bcom, i want to do a double major in finance/accounting.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Prolly same as u timmii
And if I dun make UNSW/SYD, I'll prolly do BAppFinance/BCom(Accounting) and thats pretty self explanitory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)