anyone doing engineering (1 Viewer)

kr73114

HSC
anyone doing engineering that didn't do physics in year 11 and 12. is physics essesntial in year 11 and 12 if i want to do chemical engineering? also, which field of engineering requires least physics?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
hsc physics doesn't really help you at all in engineering, it is possible to learn it from scratch.

i'd assume chemical engineering would have the least amount of physics, but all fields of engineering do have in some way or form physics embedded in it.

if you struggle with physics or do not see yourself doing any physics at all, i'd advise you not to take up engineering.

kr73114

HSC
i dont mind physics, i just didn't pick it in year 11 and its too late to change. i was wondering if i could manage without HSC physics

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i dont mind physics, i just didn't pick it in year 11 and its too late to change. i was wondering if i could manage without HSC physics
if that's the case then yes definitely.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I didn't do HSC physics and managing.
The higher level maths you do at school the better off you will be first year.

kr73114

HSC
is HSC chemistry useless as well? for chemical engineering that is

shuttle_bus5

HSC
so, do u know which uni is the best for this course
Well as far as I am aware there is only 2 uni's that offer chem eng in NSW which is newcastle and UNSW.
Newcastle is one of the biggest coal ports in the country and has heaps of minerals processing up in the hunter valley so I would say Newcastle.

kr73114

HSC
Well as far as I am aware there is only 2 uni's that offer chem eng in NSW which is newcastle and UNSW.
Newcastle is one of the biggest coal ports in the country and has heaps of minerals processing up in the hunter valley so I would say Newcastle.
im pretty sure there's a course in usyd as well, but its called engineering (chemical and biomolecular)
which uni is better in job prospects?

kr73114

HSC
does anyone know why there are very few unis that have chemical engineering?

shuttle_bus5

HSC
im pretty sure there's a course in usyd as well, but its called engineering (chemical and biomolecular)
I would say both have the same job prospects as it's only a pretty small field i.e not many graduates.
If you live in Sydney go to sydney.
Whatever is more convenient.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Sydney is also good but New South is usually regarded as the best engineering uni.

It shouldn't really affect your job prospects if you got USyd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)