Anyone doing Italian Continuers 2015? :) (1 Viewer)

MysteryMoon

HSC
Ciao , il mio nome è IcyRain. Mi piace fare sesso! :)
I didn't know what "Mi piace fare sesso!" meant so I had to look it up on Google translate...and then my dad was sitting right next to me and he gave me a weird look...

Last edited:

MysteryMoon

HSC
I know exactly what you mean by zoning out when doing the listening, it's pretty annoying. But yeah, reading sections take ages, and so does reading and responding ugh. The 200 word writing task is gonna kill me! I hope it's a decent question with lots to talk about
lol really? I thought it was only just me xD
Yeah, I hope the questions will be "understandable" this year, like they won't start asking questions about politics or some other weird stuff. I wonder if they'll make us write a response in an interview form this year.

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Ciao , il mio nome è IcyRain. Mi piace fare sesso! :)
I knew that this was Google Translated become "il mio nome" is really jarring aha!

A better translation Icy would be something like "Mi chiamo IcyRain e mi piace un sacco fare sesso ogni giorno perche` sono un maniaco".....

Mystery - I hate listening excerpts where there's an interview :mad:... it's usually the 5 marker too

MysteryMoon

HSC
I knew that this was Google Translated become "il mio nome" is really jarring aha!

A better translation Icy would be something like "Mi chiamo IcyRain e mi piace un sacco fare sesso ogni giorno perche` sono un maniaco".....

Mystery - I hate listening excerpts where there's an interview :mad:... it's usually the 5 marker too
Hahahahaa XD

Tho I hate every listening task lol

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Mi chiamo Blit

And this is pretty much all my limited knowledge of Italian

At one point, I could do some really dodgy directions to the trevi fountain...

tfw english

HSC
Mi chiamo Blit

And this is pretty much all my limited knowledge of Italian

At one point, I could do some really dodgy directions to the trevi fountain...
That's ok, repeat that and "mi piace la scuola" and you're on your way to a band 6

tfw english

HSC
How many past papers have you guys done? (Just curious)
I've done pretty much all of them, but still don't feel too prepared! Ah well, time will tell. Finding extra listening ones was hard though, did most of them with my class luckily. You?

tfw english

HSC
By the way, what kind of questions do you think they'll ask for the writing section?
And no idea for the writing section, I'm hoping something broad but it's really unpredictable :( CSSA trial was an invitation and a dialogue one? I'm not 100% sure

MysteryMoon

HSC
I've done pretty much all of them, but still don't feel too prepared! Ah well, time will tell. Finding extra listening ones was hard though, did most of them with my class luckily. You?
Yeah, I've done all of the papers in class as well xD I'm trying to rewrite all my responses that I've written for past hsc papers and memorise them. Now my hand can't even function anymore lol.
But I'm worried that they'll bring up some new topic for us to write about, meaning that more time will be wasted on looking up the dictionary for new terminology.

tfw english

HSC
Yeah, I've done all of the papers in class as well xD I'm trying to rewrite all my responses that I've written for past hsc papers and memorise them. Now my hand can't even function anymore lol.
But I'm worried that they'll bring up some new topic for us to write about, meaning that more time will be wasted on looking up the dictionary for new terminology.
That's what I'm worried about too. So far I've memorised stuff I think will be useful, and I'll go over more tomorrow, but it's so unpredictable sometimes. Dictionaries are time consuming too, so hopefully it's not something we'll need too much!

MysteryMoon

HSC
That's what I'm worried about too. So far I've memorised stuff I think will be useful, and I'll go over more tomorrow, but it's so unpredictable sometimes. Dictionaries are time consuming too, so hopefully it's not something we'll need too much!
Here's what I've collected so far in regards to what questions they've asked in past years:

2014 - Renting & sharing an apartment (notice)
- extracurricular activites (speech)
- healthy lifestyles (speech)

2013 - Future decisions (note)
- Personal experience of an event? (article)
- Positive contributions to community? (article)

2012 - Memory of special event? (speech)
- Persuading a grandparent to use modern communication devices? (letter)
- Future ideas (letter)

2011 - School and home (diary entry)
- Experience of exchange Italian student (interview)
- Sporting/musical event (interview)

2010 - Host family (postcard)
- cons & pros of high school (article) <--- I would love to do this question :'(
- Gap year & travelling (article)

2009 - Scholarship & celebration (note)
- Driving test (note)
- Recount of significant event? (recount?)
- Important celebration? (speech)

2008 - Holidays (diary entry)
- School event (diary entry)
- Future goals (email)
- Holidays (email)

2007 - Part-time job (email) <-- I would love to do this one too lol
- Holidays (email)
- Learning other languages (speech)
- Free time (diary entry)
OMG THIS PAPER IS MY IDEAL HSC PAPER :'((((

2006 - Australia Day??? (email)
- Memorable outing? (diary entry)
- Work after graduation (letter)
- School formal (report)

2005 - Last day of school (diary entry)
- Outdoor activities (email)
- Experience that has reflected you? (letter)
- Dropping out of school (letter)

2004 - Italian way of life? (letter)
- Hobby (diary)
- Exchange students (speech)
- Teachers accompanying students at camp? (speech)

2003 - Holiday (email)
- Long weekend (email)
- Friendships (diary entry)
- Organisation of annual event? (report)

2002 - First date lol (diary entry)
- Partying? (letter)
- Pros & cons of school life (report)
- Job in travel industry (speech)

2001 - School camp
- penfriend (diary entry)
- Gap year (speech)
- Career/job (letter)

MysteryMoon

HSC
I think last year's paper would have been quite difficult, considering that they've introduced new topics that have not been in previous years which don't ask stuff about healthy lifestyle stuff or sharing an apartment. Or maybe they were based on the reading and responding texts. I have no idea lol.

tfw english

HSC
I think last year's paper would have been quite difficult, considering that they've introduced new topics that have not been in previous years which don't ask stuff about healthy lifestyle stuff or sharing an apartment. Or maybe they were based on the reading and responding texts. I have no idea lol.
That's some good research! I'm hoping for some really nice topics like holidays or travelling, that would be really good. Just gotta go over all my grammar rules tomorrow again to make sure I'm not missing anything in my writing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He

HSC
Yes I am doing Italian tomorrow also. Do you guys study for Italian? I haven't done anything on it since school finished.

MysteryMoon

HSC
Yes I am doing Italian tomorrow also. Do you guys study for Italian? I haven't done anything on it since school finished.
Si, ovviamente dobbiamo studiare per l'esame d'italiano domani. E' molto importante. :)

BTW do you do 12 units?

tfw english

HSC
Mi sento un po' stressata circa questo l'esame! Non vedo l'ora a finisco, sono stanco e' annoiato

Last edited:

He

HSC
Nahh 11 units and SOR 1 ain't gonna count. I've never really studied for Italian but I reckon I'll still do decently. tfw english, do you do continuers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)