• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone doing Science Comp tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Was all like should I miss a double to do it-but then I was like hey why not.

Not expecting a great result cause for some reason do way in the Chem comp than this. Participation here I come? I blame the fact when a question has any physics I'm like...

madharris

HSC
N/A
I thought science comp was year 7-10
Is there a year 11 and 12 one? o_O

nightweaver066

HSC
Yep, it's on tomorrow for me. :)

Didn't realise it was tomorrow until an announcement haha.

deswa1

HSC
Doing it tomorrow so it should be fun. Also, if you get a medal you get one bonus ATAR point at UNSW...

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Good luck getting a medal, I assume that's like the top top HDs? Or perfect score?

Why couldn't I miss modern history to go do it though, that would have been great :)

deswa1

HSC
^Good luck getting a medal, I assume that's like the top top HDs? Or perfect score?

Why couldn't I miss modern history to go do it though, that would have been great :)
Perfect score I think. Not expecting one obviously, a HD would be nice though... There was a kid in my primary though who got three medals in one year (WTF!!!)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
When our school gives us the note for competitions, I just pay for all of them, and do all of them. Some are fun, some are boring, however in my opinion they are all a good experience and are a good investment (most of them).
I did the AIC (Australian Informatics Competition) around a month or two ago, and after the test my head was throbbing like crazy, but it was pretty fun!

Anyway, if the Science comp is indeed tommorow, then Ill probably get the announcement tommorow, and will be doing it too, hoping for a Distinction at the very least.

Good luck everyone!

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
I SHOULDVE STARTED FROM THE BACK OF THE PAPER - knew every single question but didnt have time to answer all properly (answered most)........... oh well at least it doesnt work in the same way as the AMT Maths comp where you get more 'points' for harder questions

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
For the UNSW Maths comp, I had once got only 1 mistake and didn't get a medal so I'm assuming that it's full marks. For the AMC one, I had 90 points one year and got a prize.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
For the UNSW Maths comp, I had once got only 1 mistake and didn't get a medal so I'm assuming that it's full marks. For the AMC one, I had 90 points one year and got a prize.
Cool story. Get all the medals you want. (not assuming you as well) Most of the kids at my school who do really well in the competitions, arent so good in the actual maths/science in school...

2xL

HSC
Was easy from memory. Expecting Distinction if not High.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)