Anyone else done subjects they regret doing? (1 Viewer)

SiN3m

HSC
not.addie said:
i was all set for doing law at uni...legal studies wrecked that career path, so i guess did help me out in some way.

shelter and the FLA shared responsibility can go up my ass...

i wish i picked geography.

same with me...only i did choose geo but as a result of lack of interest, we have no geo class, and my mum ddnt let me do it through open high school...

compache

HSC
N/A
Ethics unit 2
Religion and society Unit 1

Our school had it as part of our requirements. bullshit subjects. pretty much the entire time we ragged on various races or religions. fun though.

catherinet

HSC
I have no regrets about the subjects that i chose in prelim... but i KNOW that whatever i chose to drop next year, i will regret my decison.

NOTE TO ALL: There are no wrong or right decisions. There are just 2 different pathways with different pro's and con's. You have the power to make the con's into pro's with effort and dedication! Go for it.
*realises that i sound like a preacher*..

catherinet

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
that's exactly why
memorising whole bunch of shitty laws on family is dumb
what's worse is realising how dumb the law is
and how dumb the law makers are
legal studies is also the best way to be put off law
and that girl who thinks saddamn hussein was being tried before the ICC is DUMB -- the icc tried its first case after hussein was found guilty of crimes against humanity

but having said that, i was reading world order (not an option we do) and it's pretty awesome... pretty much just history
*decides to drop legal studies*

:)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
IPT
IPT
IPT

Possibly the most boring subject on the syllabus.
So much content and none of it is interesting.

Also I wish I had kept Extension 1 English throughout Year 12, I dropped it because I thought it, combined with Extension History, would be too much. But I really enjoyed it.

HSC
catherinet said:
*decides to drop legal studies*

:)
oh no i hope you don't make the worng decision
but if you really dislike the subject then i suggest dropping it :)

BoyNextDoor

HSC
Software Design & Development.....only at times though. Too much content and is fairly difficult! Yet, it has crappy scaling! :(

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
PHYSICSSSS
sorry i had to post it again
PHYSICS
i lost interest wen we did motors and generaots and now i hate it
PHYSICS
and not keepin 4u maths would of done wonderes for scaling

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
omarast said:
someone i can empathise with thats wat happened to me in bio i used to be top 5, now i didnt even break even
yes i understand your pain aha wat we gena do. looll

sw8mp

HSC
ipt...:(

not doing too bad, the course isn't a hard one, just the boredom of the content..

wanted to do legal studies but it wasn't offered.

sw8mp

HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
After some consideration, our school allowed the option of letting a girl change from Chemistry to Senior Science during the transition of Year 11 to 12. She was better off swapping classes.

I wish I'd considered Chemistry instead of Economics at times, plus the option of doing Modern History. However there wouldn't have been enough people to run the course so I would have had to do it by dist ed, like my Food Tech. Probably wish I did Geography too.

I could have taken Hospitality instead of Food Tech by dist ed but didn't like that it was a VET course. Plus i'm more into theory anyway.

Probably wouldn't have taken up Maths. But everyone in my year chose Maths at we thought it was in our best interest. Not the case. Waste of my time really.
alot of the hospo content in the course is in fact theory work.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
sw8mp said:
ipt...:(

not doing too bad, the course isn't a hard one, just the boredom of the content..

wanted to do legal studies but it wasn't offered.
Blaspheme!

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
I regret dropping physics.

If i had known that UTS offered prospective undergrad students bonus points for getting a Band 3 I would have kept it for the sake of those bonus points (even thought I'm more than certain that my physics mark wouldn't be included in my top 10 units).

Oh well, not long now.

Dammit.

sw8mp

HSC
always.dreaming said:
I regret dropping physics.

If i had known that UTS offered prospective undergrad students bonus points for getting a Band 3 I would have kept it for the sake of those bonus points (even thought I'm more than certain that my physics mark wouldn't be included in my top 10 units).

Oh well, not long now.

Dammit.
it does however suck away quite some time that to maintain that physics subject.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
sw8mp said:
it does however suck away quite some time that to maintain that physics subject.
That's actually a very valid point and a good reason to drop it if you're a struggling.

But I think that if you turn up to class and put in a minimum amount of effort you can hope to scrape at least a band 3 (an HSC mark approx > 60)

sw8mp

HSC
always.dreaming said:
That's actually a very valid point and a good reason to drop it if you're a struggling.

But I think that if you turn up to class and put in a minimum amount of effort you can hope to scrape at least a band 3 (an HSC mark approx > 60)
true that, could matter alot without those bonus points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)