• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone else got their accommodation offers for Bruce? (1 Viewer)

Callistogenic

HSC
While Bruce is my second or third preference, and B&G my first, I was wondering whether anyone else had gotten an offer.

Just curious.

Kirika

HSC
grr.... have lost my accom passwprd and number. two days ago it was rite here and went to look for it today and it was gone....i even went thru all the rubbish bags looking for it. hopefully my mum just moved it... i dont remember hearing about the Bruce accom, what was it?

sarahn

HSC
when do we get offers of accommodation?...i looked up the progress of my application and it just said "application received" - so how come other people are getting offers?

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Callistogenic: I know that you received a prelim offer, but I'd expect that most offers would be released at the same time, after the acceptance of main round offers. So don't worry yet.

Kirika: It's a college. Incidentally, you may not need your password if you've already applied. I got my offer by email, and then had to mail a form in to the college.

sarahn

HSC
i just got offered a place at Ursula Hall :)

btw, ive heard about there being controversy over the first year accommodation guarantee thing...im just wondering if later year students have been kicked out etc. - if anyone could tell me about the situation and whether it will change that'd be really good

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
sarahn said:
btw, ive heard about there being controversy over the first year accommodation guarantee thing...im just wondering if later year students have been kicked out etc. - if anyone could tell me about the situation and whether it will change that'd be really good
As far as I'm aware, no. At the end of the year current residents have their rooms allocated to them for next year, before applications from new residents have been processed. Any extra first years are dumped at the Hotel School, on the other side of the lake, at parliament house (that's why they're building a new college). At least at Bruce, once they hit their third year people tend to move to Packard Wing. This may change though because the new administration wants to give preference to post-graduates instead of past Bruce residents, but we'll see. If you're at college past your third year though and not a resident tutor, you probably should be asking yourself why :p

I can only speak for Bruce, but I'm sure things would be similar at other ANU run colleges like Ursies.

winicat

HSC
me too :D .. self-catering is not for me lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)