HSC
i much prefer the original by robert miles

drity electro thingo ruins it imo

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
i much prefer the original by robert miles

drity electro thingo ruins it imo
Agree. Orginal is soooo much better. I love dirty beats, but not for this song, it's a classic and they practically destroyed it.

It loses the hypnotic appeal.

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
Whats the point of remixing something if its just going to be the same?
I dotn think you can remix that song and keep the hypnotic feel. As a club song imo it works well

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
That's not what I meant, I don't know. I HAVE heard a really good remix, I need to try find it. I think trance remixes of this tend to be better.

johony

HSC
That's not what I meant, I don't know. I HAVE heard a really good remix, I need to try find it. I think trance remixes of this tend to be better.
trying to find one too

look basically; yes, it's good that the tune is different, but at least it should retain some of its original character, instead of being shat on with electro beats

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
I think you fail to realise that basically everything you call techno has electro influences..... soul & funk spawned all forms of electronic music but before what you may call techno today, in the late 80's 90's there was electro.... so what your saying isnt necessarily true.

You say electro as if its a genre that shouldnt be classified as musc

Last edited:

johony

HSC
I think you fail to realise that basically everything you call techno has electro influences..... soul & funk spawned all forms of electronic music but before what you may call techno today, in the late 80's 90's there was electro.... so what your saying isnt necessarily true.

ok, maybe i should define that more specifically: 'dirty electro house' synths (for the lack of a better word)

i didn't call anything techno, neither did i say that electro isn't a genre of music. why did the debate have to digress that way?

anyway, onwards with our music elitism

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC

I never mentioned any of this, I realise the evolving nature of dance music, lol. I LIKE electro.

Anyway, the Children 2000 (Trance Remix) is alright, and- just in my opinion- much better than that one.

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
it was more pointed at the other guy.... it disgressed this way cause YOU decided to hack out on a genre. By saying " instead of being shat on with electro beats". Its not music elitism.... whatever you may think. just thought you may need to be educated before you make an absolute dick of yourself.
to be honest I dont see the point in most trance, I like trance for one reason to trip balls to... and the original doesnt do ti for me.

Electro on the other hand I love, and the dirty beat in the remix is insane for me, infact the original has very little to do with the remix, apart from an intro and a few verses. Its the beat that I like.... I am sure if you like electro then you must admit that beat makes you move.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
It really depends on my mood, I just love the trance feel of the original, it's one of my all time favourite songs.

But right now I'm like dancing to dirty electro in my seat, lol.

I get where he's coming from though, sometimes people seem to think if you just drop a beat randomly into a song and remix it, it's automatically good. There are so many really bad remixes out there; unless I'm out clubbing, I tend to go for the original (with some notable exceptions of course).

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
I understand it, just don't agree with it.... I mean
Do you like girl talk much then?

ALL REMIXES DUDE/mashups lol

johony

HSC
i like electro too (maybe i should've pointed that out earlier), but i don't like the remix because it has been ruined in my eyes because of the fat dirty electro house synth they popped in.

not hacking on a genre at all, just saying that i don't like the remix because of what the remixer added into the tune.

Last edited:

4lettersdown

HSC
hmmm no offence to techno kids, but i prefer musicians who play real instruments. And who dont make me feel like pushing them down the stairs solely by the force of their shittiness... but hey thats just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)