Anyone else really annoyed that everything weighs so much more now? (1 Viewer)

lucosh

HSC
I don't know what NESA was thinking... because subjects are only limited to three internal assessments and one internal exam (which is trials) now, everything is weighted more, and mistakes are more costly.

Anyone else hate it? Like for Chemistry at our school, a depth study on an A3 poster was worth almost as much as trials :speechless:. And now the way we are tested for assignments for subjects, even ones with the old syllabus, are so stupid (because trials can only be called the maths exam, the internal exams for maths are called "in-class quizzes" lmao but they are worth like 25%.

I'd honestly want more exams back. I swear it's made everything so stressful - anyone else?

WiIIiam

HSC
yeah 100% agree with you, losing a mark in the assessments is like dropping 3 in the trials. nesa is full of fucking morons, this just increases stress since you basically have to study for 4 sets of exams rather than 1 or 2.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally not a fan of the new rule but at least all of you will be in the same boat.

dumbfuck

HSC
N/A
Yeah I preferred more assessment tasks and exams but according to my teach apparently NESA interviewed past graduates who claimed that it was very stressful to have so many assessments and wanted less so they can spend more time on each assessment more which is fucking bs

ahri

HSC
Very true, also means I'm not great with doing the theory tests since we were only allowed one in year 11, and 1 essay (that was done under exam conditions). It makes practicing exam technique a lot harder and we're getting a lot more stupid tests that aren't really testing what we're doing at school just so they can come up with 3 different "non theory" tests. It's a really stupid system.

lucosh

HSC
Very true, also means I'm not great with doing the theory tests since we were only allowed one in year 11, and 1 essay (that was done under exam conditions). It makes practicing exam technique a lot harder and we're getting a lot more stupid tests that aren't really testing what we're doing at school just so they can come up with 3 different "non theory" tests. It's a really stupid system.
Exactly. We miss out on precious exam technique practice and now have assessments that are just absolutely bullshit. My bio "prac test" was just counting some dots and drawing some diagrams, it was ridiculously easy but didn't test any of the harder stuff we had studied

dumbfuck

HSC
N/A
oath I rmbr at the beginning of y11 people asking the teachers why don't we have more under exam condition assessments and the teachers told us that NESA wanted to prep us for uni, there's gonna be drop in the quality of education soon and NESA will probs change the syllabus again, I mean the top countries like S. Korea and Japan have countless exams albeit very stressful but come on we have like 1 exam and it's trial (sometimes 2 depending on your school) for this new syllabus

plus having actual written exams are way better than bs assessments because they test your actual content and HSC at the end of the day is written not a bs oral ted talk presentation (lol which can be easy for some people)

my adv teach even said after our ted talk/viva voce assessments that it's alright if people don't do well because you can't really use this assessment to test a persons actual writing skills/abilities and everyone was like why tf is it in the syllabus but yh NESA has issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)