anyone else really frsutrated with their classmates? (1 Viewer)

TyndallTkd

HSC
hi guys,
im pretty sure there must be others feeling like i am at the moment.
i chose art because i love it, i want to get the best possible mark for my BOW and theory, and i have been doing very well so far ranking 1/22 people or so all year.
But the problem is my class has a fair few people that simply think art is a bludge (still), and that are not committed to doing the work, so consequently the whole scaling thing will drag my mark down, because theres about 5 people that haven't done anything for their BOw yet (and its june!).
its so frustrating that my mark may be dragged down alot due to other peoples lack of drive and or care in their HSC.
anyone got any ideas on what i can do?
thanks.

rm93

HSC
N/A
hey; im ranking 1st out of 21/22 too :). its frustrating Ive got to admit but i just say you ignore the others in the class; concentrate on your work and help out those who are willing in the process. try encouragement; i got one lazy girl in my class to focus on her bow and stop chatting away.

how are your marks doing anyway? if they are high than i urge you to not stress! this whole theory of 'drag me down' is absolute nonsence; think about it. when you send in your bow, the markers are looking at your work only, your identity is discrete. your exam is also an indication of your OWN efforts; not the other students

it is through you thinking positively and your own performance which will determine your mark;
:) hope it helped:)

TyndallTkd

HSC
RM93: thanks for tha, glad to know someone else is thinking like me.
yeah that makes sense, its just that my teacher keeps talking about the scaling thing, and i dont want it to affect my marks. does it?
thanks xx

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
It must be frustrating, but you take the risk when you choose art. It's all ready low scaling, and fairly bludgy. They don't mix well.

stleonard

HSC
If you're ranking one, the scaling of the others shouldn't affect you too badly. Because you'll be getting one of the highest marks in the external exams. Just make sure you keep ranking highly, and don't worry too much about your classmates. Is there anything you can really do? Possibly the best thing to do would be to just focus on doing the best you can with your BOW and your assessment tasks, and I am sure you can get a good mark in Art.

kcqn93

HSC
There will always be dickheads in the class, no matter what subject it is... besides MX2 the dickheads get booted out LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)