Anyone else screwed? (1 Viewer)

DirtyDancer

HSC
Is anyone else finding it hard to concentrate on study even though the HSC is only a few weeks away? I have the shortest attention span and get bored with studying very quickly. I can't seem to keep with it for more than half an hour, if that.
Is anyone else feeling the same way? Or anyone got tips on how i can keep myself motivated? I put a piece of paper on the wall with my goals written on it to help me, but i dont look at it anyway lol.

Boots Riley

HSC
I'm the same. However, I been doing a lot more than I ever did. =)

I've fnally put the year in perspective, and it doesn't seem that tough really. I just hope I can apply myself.
Haha.

Aaron06

To Rid The Disease
HSC
Ok, now that my internet isn't being stupid and will post my reply. I'll reply..

You got msn?

Yes?

Good

You can put notes in your msn screen name. It's awesome. I have mine as Synopsis so I remember to use that instead of executive summary.

I also put in a bunch of formulas for math and it was awesome.

You'll be surprised.

Woots

HSC
i created an actual study timetable, and i hung it in a place where i know i will most definately see it. also i have random signs with motivating sayings round my room to help me keep my studying up.

also my dad makes threats of what he will do if i dont do well :) thats quite motivating!

HSC
i have made a billion timetables but i never follow them :(

as for my mum, well she tells me to study but doesnt make threats or anything...

if i do study its in ancient history, but all other subjects i have my friends in my classes and we do nothing......

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
Haha, I was the same.
When you find your attention span for one subject running out, switch to another. That way you've got something different to work on

weeneyduff

Duffman
HSC
Im the same. I get frustrated very quickly if i cant do the question as well which means i find myself giving up just because i get so worked up about it. Ive been told to set a goal of like 10 questions or sumthin more relevant then reward urself after uve done that. I havent tried it yet but id say it sounds as good as any other suggestion. Dont worry ur not the only one though. good luck.
Zac

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
At this late stage in the year you are hardly the only one with these thoughts, a lack of self-motivation and the thought process of just 'giving up'. I find that study can be quite difficult not that it is a hard process to undertake more the getting started and sticking with it. I think also there is no instantly presentable outcome I mean come exam time there surely will be but with the completion of assignment you get something to hand in. However with study although you get the knowledge and exam techniques in your head there is nothing really physical ok besides notes and summaries....I am rambling.

Writing your goal is a good motivational tool, maybe also filling out your UAC form and deciding where you want to be next year as it will help set the bar for your achievement in the HSC. Other then that find your self motivation and hit the books, the HSC exams are the final hurdle you have come this far you might as well give it your best shoot.

HSC
DirtyDancer said:
Is anyone else finding it hard to concentrate on study even though the HSC is only a few weeks away? I have the shortest attention span and get bored with studying very quickly. I can't seem to keep with it for more than half an hour, if that.
Is anyone else feeling the same way? Or anyone got tips on how i can keep myself motivated? I put a piece of paper on the wall with my goals written on it to help me, but i dont look at it anyway lol.
You're not alone. I've been drifting along aimlessly because I feel so unmotivated to study.

I drew up a study timetable yesterday, but no guarantees I'll stick to it. But may as well try what I can right now since I wasn't one of those people who have consistently worked hard throughout.

I also stuck a piece of paper on the ceiling above my bed with "Your UAI = 98.5 Congrats" so it's the first thing I see every morning and reminds me of how great it would be to get that UAI, so I feel more motivated.

Think of how great uni will be and how fantastic it will feel once the HSC is done, and really that's not so faraway. Think of how you can burn all your books after everything's finished, or sell them, and how satisfying it will be.

And try to keep yourself happy because I've found that I feel like giving up more when I'm feeling down. This sounds lame, but talking to yourself and telling yourself you're capable of achieving -insert UAI- might help too. Picture yourself doing well and hopefully it might make you feel better and more motivated.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
DirtyDancer said:
write "everyday, the rest of the state is getting better!" on a piece of paper and stick it on your wall.

it might make you nervous, but it can also motivate you ;)

Intelligence

HSC
thank god im not the only one .. i gave up the other day cause i felt down but the next day i got some sense back into my brain and i am motivated again. but only a bit. i cant study long either. i go for 40 mins then i think about what i studied and i just get blanks cause i was day dreaming throuh out the study .
anyways if i did that "state thingy" id end up killing myself lol.
give it ur best and when ur down ... remember intelligence will help u [lol creativity]

best of luck to all
not too far away now

Intelligence

HSC
sorry to post again but unique princess who is in ur sig .... i wanted to ask u that a while ago

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)