anyone else SCREWEDDD for HSC EXAM ancient history? (1 Viewer)

live.fast

HSC
N/A
I remember alot pretty fast. I'm a quick learner. I can memorise shit so quickkkk you wouldn't believe.

but even my superpowers can't take on ancient history. there. is. WAY. too. much. STUFF!!

Anybody else out there share my pain??? Realised that you have a billion and one things to remember and only one night to remember them??? Realised that ancient history is SOOOOOOOO not a subject designed for cramming??

=(

Adam.Meads

HSC
Agreed, Ancient is sooo hard to cram.

Its one of not many subjects in which I've actually paid alot of attention in class, so that makes it slightly easier.

In no way do I wish it were like maths though!!

Lets just hope they ask an essay question on the Hyksos, Hatshepsut question on her financial significance, or something like that, and that they don't have too specific questions on the Core and the other section.

Then I'll be fine.

But it is waaay too hard to be a crammiful subject!! Too much content!! Aaargh!!

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Ahh this was the only subject I DIDN'T pay attention in. So yep, shitting myself for Thursday :O

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
ancient is easy compared to economics and legal studies. that only thing i have problems with is my 4th topic - new kingdom egypt.

patchy20

HSC
our class did caesar and the fall of the roman republic together so it feels like this giant huge NEVER ENDING subject. arghhh.

im just hoping that if i can get a 90 in the trial i can get 90 in the exam!

but seriously, you think you have finally got the majority of it remembered and then you remember OH CRAP! QUOTES!

anyone got any REALLY FAST, REALLY EFFECTIVE way of remembering a billion quotes?

HSC
even if you do spend 4 or 5 days studying for it there is soo much content to learn.. which isnt made much easier when you throw in historian comments and sources.. sources for pompeii would have to be the hardest in my opinion! How an earth am i supposed to remember how to spell all those stupid names!?

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
twisted_baybeeh said:
even if you do spend 4 or 5 days studying for it there is soo much content to learn.. which isnt made much easier when you throw in historian comments and sources.. sources for pompeii would have to be the hardest in my opinion! How an earth am i supposed to remember how to spell all those stupid names!?
lol is that tongue ring for blow jobs

and by the way, you dont need quotes for ancient...are you really stupid? You just have to remember peoples names and names of buildings. We aint doin englishhh...were trying to do ancienttttttt.

nickluvschool

HSC
yeah im totally screwed for it.. i have trees of sheets that mean nothing to me .. i tried to study today (2 freakin days b4 exam) and i seriously couldnt do a thing .. mainly due to the boring content and the beautiful weather .. soooo bloody bad but i dont think anything can make me study for ancient id rather do 100 english tests or anything else that sucks rather than ancient... yes im whinging and yes i started the have a winge thread coz ancient sucks lol

and btw i totally think this subject is gonan screw up my uai too coz there is no way i can get better than 65 raw its just not possible.. even like band 5's and 6's in my other subjects (phys,math2u,econ and english std) wont save me coz its such a low scaling subject when u do crapppy :(

Last edited:

spence

HSC
Yeah I'm so screwed. Something about a full lever arch file and six textbooks that really worries me

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGH ITS REALLY SHTTING ME ATM
somehow i mamanged an 85 in the trials, i honestly don't know HOW that happened seeing as i bullshat my way through an unbullshitable subject
so im hoping that i can manage 85+ raw again, seeing as i'm actually studying for this exam as opposed to night before freakouts - which i usually do
prelim course sucked i hated it , it was all bloody archaeology and that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring
pompeii should die bloody names of things TAKE YOUR VILLA RUSTICAE AND SHOVE IT UP UR ARSE FUCKING BOARD OF STUDIES

samuel slack

HSC
I've got Hatshepsut and Sparta handled. Haven't studied for NKE to death of Thut 4 yet... but thats for 2moro. Damn Pompeii and Herc... It is by far the worst part of this course... argh!!

kirstige

HSC
im kinda not goin all that well i have memory issues and a didnt really listen all year so ..
i just wish i dropped it when i had the chance to late now tho
good luck every one i will deffo need luck on my side on thursday and to help me cram the millions of trees worth of boring paper work !!!
:bomb:

hayley-michel

HSC
YES!
I can't concentrate at all, I've tried studying on my own and with my friend and I can't do it. We're going to try again tomorrow (hahah yes one day before the exam).
I think I know enough about Pompeii and Herculaneum, it's just the other three I need to learn again (Sparta, Alexander the Great and the Augustan Age).

I know I'm going to do shit in this but, I only got 36% in my trial and believe it or not in my class, that mark wasn't that bad, the top person only got about 64%
Good thing I'm not going for a UAI.. I'M SO SCREWED FOR THIS!:bomb:

:):):)Good Luck for Thursday everyone!!:):):)

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
what wrong with you people? Im fine with pompeii,sparta and hatshepsut, but im kinda screwed for new kingdom egypt because you got to memorise really long military activites that had taken place. Sparta...its just simple. it asks you dot points straight from the syallabus.

Razzyg

HSC
Screw me im soo screwed for this exam, i havnt realized how much i actully need to remember :worried:

BoZnian-Hobo

HSC
:eek: Yes!! im totally screwed!!! i hadn't realised there was so much 2 remember... and it didnt help that my teacher got in2 an accident and was out for over half a year... we got stuck with some bimbo :burn:

ive got Agrippina II under wraps... its just Sparta Greece and Pompeii that are just killing me!! T_T

Good Luck 2mrw guys!

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
sparta is simple in terms of revising and i liked it so that should be ok, shall just go over it again
pompeii and herc is bitchy but seeing as i've been going over it all week i should be fine for it too
egypt amenhotep III - Ramses II is a good topic, JUST CAN'T REMEMBER ANY BLOOODY EVIDENCE, well not much
akhenaten is easy as well so long as they dont ask something random like administration or something i duno oewigjoewrgjurogjhrwoghewrghwareoghrefhreoijgeojgrowigjhoewgjroghrowjheiogjreoigroirejgerigjigh
im not stressed *shifty eyes*

cutiebabyforeva

Coz I'm Cool Like That ;)
HSC
always.dreaming said:
I wish ancient were more like maths =P
Me too. I <3 Maths cause there's no memorising... there's just doing. Aww can't believe Maths is over forever! :O (well for high school anyway :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)