anyone else think this subject sucks? (1 Viewer)

emmawriteslove

HSC
I love hospo!!!!!!!!!
Its an awesome teacher. we have our own commercial kitchen at school so its not tafe based which is easier!! we cook 5 hours a fortnight (2 theory). its a lot of fun. we do catering events and stuff like that too which is fun.
I'm getting a bit nervous about work placement though :S
I have a hospitality exam tomorrow too. argh!

Reubics Cube

HSC
hospo is the worst subject ever....it totally ruined my hsc with those 2 weeks of workplacement...i would have gotten alot more done at school and learned a whole heap more too! i hate this subject it takes up way to much of my time...i was never planning on getting into the industry anyway but my mum said id enjoy it more than society and culture...as if....i dont think i could hate a subject more than i hate hospo!

Nuttaiish

HSC
Not really, i already have interest in this particular suject which i have start doing Food Technology in year 9 and 10 then chose Hospitality in Year 11 and 12.
It really depends not everyone is the same but right now we are learning about cleaning products and so. (how boring)

MrDuc

HSC
how can you hate this subject its the best its shit for you coz u guys cant cook. thats prolly the reason behind ur disgusting food. the only shit thing about hospo is you gotta clean up !

nustabell

HSC
um yea. hospitality is a bitch... it's just so much work and it's sooo boring... who did the hotel management compendium... how gay was that??!!

eww i hate it, but i can't drop it cuz i don't have enough units... eww i hate hospo.

HachuneMiku

HSC
I'll have to disagree with the teacher statement. I have an extremely nice teacher for hospitality, and even she doesn't make me like the subject. I'm getting top marks for the subject, but its around at around a 70 mark, so C range, band 4 range. This isn't really pleasing, I wanted 90+ marks.
And chiz2010, that's completely different from liking the subject, it's liking the bludge session you get out of attending and choosing it.

(( uh I think my band is off, lol ))

Last edited:

mariep

HSC
Yes,
I did my prelim practical exam the other day - and my teacher was being a total cow.. I had two pieces of schnitzel, i burnt one and the other was perfect.
She's trying to tell me that the burnt one was a nice piece.

And then for the rest of the day she's rubbing it in my face that i wont keep up my 97%..

I WANT TO DROP IT!
Im in a class, full of people who get Band 2's. Im like a damn outlier.
We're all maths dropouts, but friggen OMG!
Theyre all dumb, and then it makes the class shithouse aswell.

sigggh. hospo's an easy subject.. just friggen shitty learning environment.

jess-i-k

HSC
hospo is the best subject!!!!!!!!!
you do compentencys
so practically do nothing
you cook and bludge
only bad thing bout this subejct that i have experienced was the workplacement!
worst time of my life!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)