Anyone else went to the Study Day at Macquarie Uni today? (1 Viewer)

ebsha

HSC
There was a study day today at Macquarie Uni, and it covered Greece and Rome. Just wondering if anyone else here went, and what their thoughts on it were?

I went to the Greek lectures and seminars, as all but one of my electives are based on Greece. Ian Plant was pretty good, i got a lot of info from him on the Delian League that i didnt have. Jeff Lumb was fantastic! He gave us some really good points on our essay writing, as well as some insight into Pericles. Ben Brown was ok, lots of insight into Athenian reasons for creating the Delian League, and Toni Hurley was just... dont mean to disrespect her, shes obviously very smart, but i dunno. She irked me.

So.... what did u guys think of the day? Enjoy it? Hate it? Bored stupid?

X

xeuyrawp

ebsha said:
There was a study day today at Macquarie Uni, and it covered Greece and Rome. Just wondering if anyone else here went, and what their thoughts on it were?

I went to the Greek lectures and seminars, as all but one of my electives are based on Greece. Ian Plant was pretty good, i got a lot of info from him on the Delian League that i didnt have. Jeff Lumb was fantastic! He gave us some really good points on our essay writing, as well as some insight into Pericles. Ben Brown was ok, lots of insight into Athenian reasons for creating the Delian League, and Toni Hurley was just... dont mean to disrespect her, shes obviously very smart, but i dunno. She irked me.

So.... what did u guys think of the day? Enjoy it? Hate it? Bored stupid?
I helped out with getting people in the theatres, and I went into the Greek lecture and a bit of a seminar. Dr Plant is good, I have to agree. I've never heard Jeff Lumb or Hurley speak, but Ben Brown's average, I think.

The lectures were actually of a bit of use to me because my Greek unit focusses on Society, but I really know nothing of the political history, and it's good to have that background.

ebsha

HSC
Coolies.

I ended up scribbling on my paper during Ben Brown, thats how bored i got while he talked about Persia at the start. Dont really need that much info on Persia! We're not being examined on Cambysus or Cyrus!

X

xeuyrawp

ebsha said:
Coolies.

I ended up scribbling on my paper during Ben Brown, thats how bored i got while he talked about Persia at the start. Dont really need that much info on Persia! We're not being examined on Cambysus or Cyrus!
He loves to wander and provide background detail.

ebsha

HSC
Yeah i noticed that.

So what electives did you do for your HSC?

Mine are Pericles, Athens in the time of Pericles, Greece 500-440 and Augustus + Julio Claudians

X

xeuyrawp

ebsha said:
Yeah i noticed that.

So what electives did you do for your HSC?

Mine are Pericles, Athens in the time of Pericles, Greece 500-440 and Augustus + Julio Claudians
Amenhotep-Ramesses III | Ramesses + or Akhenaten (did both) | Augustus + Julio Claudians | Ramesside Society.

I thought you either chose Augustus or the JCs nowadays?

ebsha

HSC
As far as i know its still offered as one elective.

I just looked it up on the board of studies site, and it says in the syllabus its both in one, so i guess so :)

X

xeuyrawp

ebsha said:
As far as i know its still offered as one elective.

I just looked it up on the board of studies site, and it says in the syllabus its both in one, so i guess so :)
Oh, that's right. They're changing to Pompei and splitting up the JCs next year.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Tom Hillard wasnt there was he ?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
hey i was there today!! i didnt get to see any bored members??

hey who was there for the first session of aggripina II, first triumvirate and 2nd session augustus and the JC ? i was there :D

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
Tom Hillard wasnt there was he ?
He didn't speak, and I didn't see him around, either. He's cool, though:)

wrong_turn said:
hey i was there today!! i didnt get to see any bored members??

hey who was there for the first session of aggripina II, first triumvirate and 2nd session augustus and the JC ? i was there
I didn't go to much of the Rome stuff as it's not going to be too useful to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)