• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone feel guilty about wasting money going tutoring? (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Tutors are the same as buying textbooks for uni. You can get by without them. :)

Last edited:

tse.tse.tse

HSC
you're absolutely right, you don't need them to get by

but why just get by when you can excel? of course if you're happy with mediocrity, a tutor is a waste of time and money

but if you do want to get ahead of the pack and achieve goals that are almost out of reach, then you ought to do it

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
but why just get by when you can excel? of course if you're happy with mediocrity, a tutor is a waste of time and money

but if you do want to get ahead of the pack and achieve goals that are almost out of reach, then you ought to do it
There's a difference between mediocrity, and not getting first in the state. Why waste money on a tutor to get 99+, if you can succeed in getting the ATAR you actually need to get into university without one.

K

khorne

Anyone able to get first in the state or a high ATAR is probably a self motivated and intelligent individual who doesn't need anyone to spoon feed them or push them along.

vennmuch

HSC
you're absolutely right, you don't need them to get by

Agreed. The thing is, it's not really spoon feeding. Sometimes the stuff at school aren't enough.

I pay for my Eng tutor who is AWESOME and I've improved so much so I think that's definitely money well spent. For Maths, I go to a lousy one so yeah I do feel guilty.

It's what you make of it.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I go to a lousy one for Maths as well, so I feel guilty. however, if i didn't go, I would feel guilty too because I feel lazy

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I think I would be better off self studying than stupid tuition. I'll quit after this term. What a waste of time + money.

_tsubi_

HSC
i dont think its a waste of money...but then again my parents pay for it :)

but i wouldnt go if it didnt help me, and ive definately noticed an improvement since i started. if you see a difference, then its probably a good idea to stick at it

Uncle

Banned
HSC
tutoring is a grand waste of money.
its for those who are insecure about their hsc.

i got a much higher uai than those who went tutoring.
suck on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)