Anyone for US College? (1 Viewer)

goodmornin

okies.....

anyone who is planning to apply to go to US Colleges to study?

if i want to apply for regular decision.... when should i actually send them the whole package from australia?

is it too late?

should i get the school to send in their details first because i haven't done my essays yet~!

:rolleyes:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I was planning to apply back in year ten. However, after a little research (both my own and by some others on my behalf) I found that the system here is marginally better, if not so widely recognised. Universities are much freer and open here, as well as CHEAPER and more geared to the needs of students. The fact that all courses are regulated means that the quality of instruction is for the most part equal across the board, more than you can say for most American colleges.

I mean that. Compare the number of Ivy League institutions to the total number of colleges and you'll see what I mean.

goodmornin

:p :confused:

hey but if you apply to uni's with need blind admission for international universities, it actually doesnt come to that much more expensive to australian universities comparing costs of board and tuition. Also, its the major ones that have needs blind admisssion so that'[s a plus.

Also, if you look at the quality and extensiveness of courses they offer in Ivy League universities i don't think australian universities can compare. Resources also much better!~ (even the not academic asp[ects are much better like yale has marble showers and sauna showers, gym rooms, theatres in their own dormitory buildings =P)

by the ways, what uni in australia other than ANU has college lifestyle?

:eek:

planning to work internationally later on, so thinking about it, a more widely recognised degree looks better?

Otherwise i'd be rethinking too

goodmornin

i did the SAT II....

did the SAT I's back in May... ooh.. kinda stuffed that up >.<
English is hard >.<

but thinking of doing it again in December?

goodmornin

hm...
it wasn't good i don't think....
got 660 english adn 720 maths .....
trying to get over at least 1450 next time >.<!!! *boohoo*
didn't do any preparation last time haha

i didn't leave any questions out.. but i'm not sure how big of a difference that makes. but maybe in the maths section...

i got only 2-3 wrong?? and did all of it.. and only got 720...

but english.. crap... got like 10-13 wrong ...

my friend on the other hand.. left out a few for the english and got 6 wrong...
she got 710

what SAT score you planning to get??

goodmornin

um.....
i haven't applied yet although i'm just in the process of getting my teachers to write references for me?

um..... plannning to go boston, new york, new jersey, areas>>?
seems fun??!
can't wait to see college lifestyle hehe but the schools are quite hard to get into there and i'm not sure if i can make it >.<

where you planning to go?

juggernaut

HSC
COLLEGE IN THE US WOULD kill it
fuck i wish i was going
every weekend the parties with the beer in the red cups!!!

i wish we had frats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)