anyone go to Diploma to Uni talk? (1 Viewer)

leathaface

I missed it because I had work, but did anyone went to the TAFE Diploma to University talk?

If you didn't does anyone know the process?

I am currently doing Diploma of Business Advertising and I want to transfer to either Usyd, Unsw or UMaq...

I need to know
* Requirements in marks to get into these uni... was it distinction, and I heard that UMAQ is easier to get into then the other unis, true?...

* Any forms that are required to be filled out? and where to obtain these?

* Say if I got an average of distinction, can I just use this distinction to get into Uni? Because I was doing HSC before....

Thanks...

luckyduck

oh i asked my carrer advisor she said UNsw and Syd don't take tafe people.. wel. its very rare
becoz its high in demand! so yeah

luckyduck

oh so you did the hsc??.. what was ur uai.. becoz career said its going to be harder if you have a uai under 70s or 80s to get into uni

leathaface

uh oh... my uai was like 67... which was why I decided to go to TAFE... is there anyway that I can get into UMAQ or any of the unis listed earlier?

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
leathaface said:
uh oh... my uai was like 67... which was why I decided to go to TAFE... is there anyway that I can get into UMAQ or any of the unis listed earlier?
This may sound bad but if you really want to go to Usyd or unsw then i recommend that when you lodge a UAC application for Uni entry and they ask have you done a yr 12 you say NO so that way with your distinction mark you stand a way better chance.

When applying they take all academic results in to account and convert them in to a NRSL rank which is 50% UAI/Tafe mark.

leathaface

Yea thanks I might do that if I am unable to get into University this year. Because i've asked TAFE and they told me that I could just rock up to unis and ask them about it there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)