• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

anyone goin to Manson 19/9/03 (1 Viewer)

guy

HSC
possibly because manson is a shit cunt that is only where he is because of his image and not his music?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Well, I don't think everyone likes his music - that is a matter of personal opinion... But I'd have to say image counts for almost everything now-a-days for the mass culture. Hell, we're pretty much a visual society right? :rolleyes:

I was going to go, but my mother found out and nearly killed me. So I decided I could miss it. *shrug* Sold my ticket to someone else so I'm not out of pocket or anything. But I so wnted to go! *cries*:( :( :(

spleen

Originally posted by diSinTegRating
u lame ass, watchin a shitty quality bottleg is a waste of time, why don't u get a fuckin job and go see the concert
Cause I'm poor. And saving up for BDO.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I'd love to go, I think it'd be a very entertaining and interesting performance. But money doesn't grow on trees. :(

(and yes...triple posting is evil.)

guy

HSC
Originally posted by diSinTegRating
a perfect example of the ignorance within mainstream society....
manson is maintstream you dropkick

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Yuk to Manson.
Is he really like that at home?
What is he trying to be?

HSC
For people that are arguing about wether Manson is mainstream or not.

Manson is definitly mainstream, just look at how much music videos manson made, and he gets radio air play sometimes. Just look at magazine covers. (Yeah spleen, like you know what the fuck you're talking about).

For people that are wondering wether Manson is goth.

No manson is not goth, manson have a GOTH IMAGE but manson's music is definitly Industrial and death rock. It contains no goth elements in it. Musically, manson is as goth as Britney Spears and Limp Bizkit.

Goth bands are Sisters of Mercy, Joy Division, The cure and shit like that.

what the hell is manson? like charles manson?
Marilyn Manson's real name is Brian Warner, He got his name from Marilyn Monroe and Charles Manson.

Last edited:

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I'd definitely agree with the above comment about Manson being mainstream. My mother likes him too, well, not his music so much... but enough that she doesn't get annoyed when I play it. And then when I do she waxes lyrical about how informed he is.

I'm getting off track.:rolleyes:

(And to that person way back - names, who can remember them? - I didn't mean that Manson's music was bad, I'm just saying that image also matters. The way you present yourself to the world... blah blah blah and all that).

Paisley

Banned
What I hate about Manson fans is the way they're like "man, I'm a rebel... take that you conformist bastards... look, i dress in black" without realising that that's exactly the same thing every other Manson fan does...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)