• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

anyone going to the real inspector hound production? (1 Viewer)

monique66

my class is going to parra theatre this thursday.
anyone else going? :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'm planning on going to the one at unsw..........

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
kami said:
I'm planning on going to the one at unsw..........
yeh same here...

I never even knew about the one on thrusday.. if i did i probably would've been going...

damnation when u do go... tell us how the performance was...

monique66

physician said:
yeh same here...

I never even knew about the one on thrusday.. if i did i probably would've been going...

damnation when u do go... tell us how the performance was...
okay, i will :) i hope its good because i totally don't understand the play :rolleyes:

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Yeah, I'm going to one of the Parramatta performances, but I'm not sure which day. We're going to the 12:30 'session' if I remember correctly, which doesn't happen very often. Did you enjoy reading the play? Or did you just not get it?

bEAbEA

HSC
Yes - I am going to the one at paramatta on saturday night. Should be good, our teacher said that it will give us a much clearer picture of what actually happens, because most of us are confused...

monique66

taxman said:
Did you enjoy reading the play? Or did you just not get it?
It was funny, but confusing...we haven't gone through it yet, but it should get clearer once we do...

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Oh, OK. I'm going on Wednesday, so anyone that's going to that will see me in my messy haired, stringy bearded splendour. Yippee!

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i'm going to the parramatta one on wednesday night. i think i'll go to the unsw one but i don't know for sure yet.

Pointy Ears

HSC
Hmmm, i just went to the Parramatta one on Tuesday.
It was PACKED, full of only students doing Ext 1 english.
If you find the play slightly confusing, once you see the performance, everything just falls into place and makes perfect, illogical sense :)

monique66

yeah, i went today...pack with ext1 students. If you go i suggest you stay back afterwards and ask the actors questions if there was anything you didn't get, it clarifys a lot of things :) Oh and wathing it makes it so much easier to understand :) Like one of the actors said, its a play you have to watch, without that it makes no sense. So i definately recomend you watch it (its actually after another play called 'black magic' or something so you get two plays with an interval in between) If you have any other questions i'll try to answer them...

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I went to the Wednesday 10:30AM performance. It followed 'Black Comedy' and I thought the performance was excellent. I stayed back for the discussion at the end which wasn't as good as I was hoping...some questions were pretty good, but there were a lot of private school kids trying to make themselves appear intelligent by talking about all the criticisms of the play they had read, with no real question at the end...the cast seemed particularly annoyed at this, but in saying that, my questions were no better. I asked about the staging, the performance/rehearsal process and why they added the shoot-out after their bow which wasn't in the play. The cast seemed to be having a great time and all seemed like a bunch of good people aside from the bloke that played Moon who was really up himself.

Great day out though.

bEAbEA

HSC
Yeah, I saw it last night. It was good, but not as good as I had hoped.
It made it easier to understand, and I picked up some things I hadn't known before. However, they stuffed up (well not stuffed up and ruined) all of the good lines. And of course its always difficult to see a play when you've already imagined the characters in your mind.
But, I won't complain - it was well worth it.
We were going to stay back after, except it finished at like 11 or quarter past, and we had to get back to our motel.

monique66

haha..so it was self-indulgent? lol...i'm such a nerd. Oh and the guy that played moon seemed a bit pretensious at first. But i asked something to the guy that played magnus/hound/puckerige/albert some question (which i don't really remember) that had all of the actors baffled. Afterwards our class had a lil discussion in that outside sitting area and when i came out three of them were standing there, and the guy was like, 'hey, aren't you the girl that asked that question.' I just laughed and told them their performance was good, they all said 'thanks' so i decided the guy that played moon wasn't so up himself after all... :p

.:newii

in a house (thankfully) phew that cardboard box wa
HSC
taxman said:
I went to the Wednesday 10:30AM performance. It followed 'Black Comedy' and I thought the performance was excellent. I stayed back for the discussion at the end which wasn't as good as I was hoping...some questions were pretty good, but there were a lot of private school kids trying to make themselves appear intelligent by talking about all the criticisms of the play they had read, with no real question at the end...the cast seemed particularly annoyed at this, but in saying that, my questions were no better. I asked about the staging, the performance/rehearsal process and why they added the shoot-out after their bow which wasn't in the play. The cast seemed to be having a great time and all seemed like a bunch of good people aside from the bloke that played Moon who was really up himself.

Great day out though.
hey i rememba u! ur the guy wearing the green shirt in the front with the scruffy hair aint ya?! btw... im part of that "private school" so shut the hell up at least we asked questions that helped us, just coz u didnt get it doesn tmean u need to have a sook ova it, move on with ur life.

ishq

brown?
HSC
We went last Saturday. Ours was packed with old people - not many students other than us. The cast, in my honest opinion, was a bit too melodramatic, especially in Black Comedy. Felicity Cunningham's character, especially.

Anyone else going to the UNSW one? Its by University students, so their reading should be interesting. I want them to see how the play works with Moon/Birdboot in the audience, and not sitting separately. Also, I want to see the effect a younger Birdboot will have on the play.

So, who's going? Its on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I am going this Friday(the 13th, Oooooh spooky!) with my class to watch....I sooo hope it is good.

monique66

ishq said:
Also, I want to see the effect a younger Birdboot will have on the play.
Umm...aren't the critics meant to sit seperatly. I mean from memory the play says something like, 'the audience is presented with what appears to be a mirror' So the way the play was set up was how it was spose to be. At least thats what i got from reading the play.

ishq

brown?
HSC
I interpreted 'the audience are presented with a mirror' bit to mean like some sort of a sheen or reflecting glass surface placed at the rear end of the stage - even a sheath of aluminium foil!. Thus, the audience see themselves reflected in it. Having two people on the other side of the stage to portray the entire audience didnt really work all that well for me - although, I must admit, I did enjoy watching Birdboot's antics while the 'play within the play' was going on - constant yawning, shuffling the programme, eyeing Cynthia, visibly drooling and the like.

Even otherwise, I thought that placing people in the audience was the most ingenius bit of the entire script! I've heard heaps of people who have gone to performances and had Moon/Birdboot sit among them, (One had Moon beside her :D)

Kami, do share your critical opinion of the play at UNSW was when you return - I'm going on Saturday :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)