Anyone going to USYD for enrichment day (1 Viewer)

Akira_Tikira

Please indicate in here whether you are going to the HSC enrihcment day at USYD next week on the thursday for Physics on Next thursday...

Thanks

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
i REALLY REALLY want to but my school organisaed a chemistry prac excursion to the USYD which is held on the same day :(

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
if it's like the other "enrichment days" I've been to, I'm not going

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
how did u find it? u think it was worth it?...i didnt like the guy who did ideas to implementation....he was disorganised, and all he did was repeat what my teacher tell me.....nothin abt the actual topic! I thought the space person was alrite, cause' most of my class understood it better than b4. AT the option i was like :confused: and so was my teacher

Rahul

Dead Member
no. 1: 'space'- the best lecture by far. actually helped quite a bit.
no. 2: m & G- that was crap. he jus went thru some q's. altho he did cover the entire course, as in how he broke it up into 5 areas, which helped to a certain extent.
no. 3: I2I- that guy looked like he would talk important stuff, but wtf was he going on about. it had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. he really pissed me off.
no. 4: hsc tips,etc - the woman spoke abt a lot of important info that can be applied across the board. so she wasnt bad.
no. 5: astrophysics- the guy talked abt the important info, altho he started waffling on near the end, he was alrite otherwise.
overall: it was okay i spose. how short were the breaks tho...only an hour all up(i do realise the whole point of hte day was to cram a years worth of work in, but compared to the sdd on this didnt have many breaks)

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
i thought most ppl didnt like when the M & G guy was coming up to people to get them to answer the questions..lucky for us, he avoided my group:D...quanta 2 quarks and majority i think were staring off into space cause only a couple ppl had actually started it... and i must say the I2I guy was the worst lecturer out of all of them, including some crap ones who were doin the chem lecture

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
yeah Mr. Sheperd looks young but apparently he finished uni and works at Syd uni for doing stuff for skools, like experiments that cant happen at some skools bc of the lack of equipment. We went a cpuple of weeks earlier for that, and my class was very unresponsive to the questions he gave..i think thats one reason he avoided us:D...another could be bc our teacher..who was very frank in telling him and making conversation how our answers were not up to scratch all with us listening:rolleyes:...great motivation for teh hsc

Akira_Tikira

Yeh, I though Q2Q was good.....but lost me there when they spoke about the sub-atomic particles.....what the hell was all that about....

I though Mrs Powell's presentation was the best, she seemed to know alot

Tell me, do you think they actually know some important information or do they just make educated guesses....

I mean the guys who make the HSC wouldn't come and give us hints, how reliable are these hints

Twintip

The M & G guy kept asking everyone to do crap and then he kept walking over to our group but we had never done anything. I think we resorted to staring down chicks after that.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
for the m&g guy, we pretended to be writing answers but it was all crap...and then we started laughin at the ppl behind us who wouldnt give him answers to the questions he was asking:D...suprisingly i didnt fall asleep in there..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)