anyone have old excel textbooks they dont use or know where to borrow one? (1 Viewer)

anjalika9923

HSC
so my school provides us with the samuel davis textbook which im having a lot of trouble trying to summarise and my parents dont see the point of buying me a textbook when im this close to finishing the course and when i already have a textbook (the samuel davis one), does anyone have one I can borrow? or if you want i can try to buy it off you for cheap or are there any libraries that have the textbook? thank you

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Sam Davis is a great textbook. Most people who get a band 6 use it, because the other textbooks sometimes don't provide enough detail.

Last edited:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Sam Davis is a great textbook. Most people who get a band 6 use it, because the other textbooks sometimes don't provide enough detail.
I agree. Davis is underrated because people think it has too much content. I believe that content is necessary to properly understand the concepts being taught.

OP i don't suggest turning to Excel. Make the notes with Davis and do practice papers. You can also see my sticky thread for tips.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know if Heinemann is still around but that's what I used and I turned out fine... If I recall correctly, I did glance through Samuel Davis and thought it may be a lot of content but I got more bang for buck from my effort/time by looking at band six responses/model answers to sample and past papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)