Anyone here an Accountant or studying? (1 Viewer)

Gotei

HSC
I plan on doing accounting at University next year, however I am concerned with the level of maths involved... I'm not the best at maths but I do put in alot of effort.

right now I'm completing general maths and my assesment marks have been (98,85,90 % for the past 3 assesments, however trials I only got 67%) (grades average was 30% for the trials too).

I really wanna do accounting it but I'm scared my maths will let me down.

any advice?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I'm a third year accounting student and to be honest if you can add, subtract, multiply and divide you'll be fine.

The only issue you might have is with finance subjects that are core units in many university degrees (often in first year). Even then, those units aren't insanely difficult and there are usually avenues made available to you by the university to seek help (PAL/PASS, maths subjects, drop-in numeracy centres and so forth). I'm not so sure that you'll even need to go that far, but I guess it's always nice to know that help is here if you need it.

I've managed to do alright and I didn't complete a maths unit during the HSC.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I plan on doing accounting at University next year, however I am concerned with the level of maths involved... I'm not the best at maths but I do put in alot of effort.

right now I'm completing general maths and my assesment marks have been (98,85,90 % for the past 3 assesments, however trials I only got 67%) (grades average was 30% for the trials too).

I really wanna do accounting it but I'm scared my maths will let me down.

any advice?
Lol, Accounting has very minimal maths to be honest, try look at the first year textbooks as the best option. As Azure said, basic mathematics skills.

Also, if you are a very hard working student, it should be fine :)

Gotei

HSC
I'm a third year accounting student and to be honest if you can add, subtract, multiply and divide you'll be fine.

The only issue you might have is with finance subjects that are core units in many university degrees (often in first year). Even then, those units aren't insanely difficult and there are usually avenues made available to you by the university to seek help (PAL/PASS, maths subjects, drop-in numeracy centres and so forth). I'm not so sure that you'll even need to go that far, but I guess it's always nice to know that help is here if you need it.

I've managed to do alright and I didn't complete a maths unit during the HSC.
Thanks a lot this really helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)