• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone here do strength training? (2 Viewers)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
um im sure my 2 and a half years of doing weights still counts, i had a 1 year gap and started again, barely lost any strength, im still up to what i used to be in year 12, actually more now.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
i'm going to start doing weights in about a week, although i'll be going for more an athletic build and probably look at lower weight and higher reps kind of workout... also to help with initial weightloss and all.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I don't intend on quitting.

I have to loose about 15 kilograms.

that will take me about 2 months during which i will also start on weights.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
no serious get the fuck out of austria u trash
sure i'd love to go back to my birthcountry of denmark, but there's a bit of a language barrier, and i'd much prefer to live in the country ive been living for my whole life minus 3 weeks, thank you very much.

edit: oh, ive never been to austria before :/

Last edited:

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
does anyone know what the average achievable weight loss per week is??

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
not sure, but ur gonna have to watch what u eat. Try to reduce ur calories HEAPS, eat lotsa veggies and like 2 fruits a day or something, exercise for at least 30 mins a day.

Also it'd be a bit difficult to try to lose weight AND gain muscle, so maybe try do 1 first then go for the other.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Yeah weight loss is my key preference first up.

I tend to loose weight really easily i just have a god awful diet and eat way to much.

Basically i have setup a trial meal plan for each day.

Breakfast: Bowl of special K, 1 Banana, Egg on Toast, 1 Glass of V8 veggie juice.

Morning T: 1 Tub of 99% fat free yoghurt

Lunch: Subway 6 inch ham sub on wheat with no cheese

Afternoon Tea: fruit and/or unsalted nuts

Dinner: Basically I have broken this up so that i have red meat 3 nights a week and chicken and fish twice a week, with salad and/or vegies and plain boiled rice or pasta.

My basic fitness outline consists of having 1 day off between weights sessions and cardio twice a day every day except after legs workout, when i will have a day off.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
hm, maybe replace the ham with chicken or something, doesnt ham have more fat? i dunno..

and if ur working out every 2 days then make sure ur doing different muscle groups, its bad for ur muscles if u do, eg, arms and chest one day, then 2 days later same thing, u need time for ur muscles to heal up, that resting period is actually when ur muscles grow, so protein is good to eat in that period, tho im not sure about losing weight at the same time..

have u consulted a professional about this? like a physician or something?

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
nope.

figured i don't need to, i am extremely active despite my weight anyway. Most people don't believe me when i say i am 100kg anyway.

and yeah that will be switching muscle groups it will basically be almost a whole week before i get back to the same muscle group.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
nope.

figured i don't need to, i am extremely active despite my weight anyway. Most people don't believe me when i say i am 100kg anyway.

and yeah that will be switching muscle groups it will basically be almost a whole week before i get back to the same muscle group.
ahk.

how tall are u btw?

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
188cm

lol well i've had a lot of time to think about this i've basically been meaning to do it for the past 3 months.

but yeah i'll probably create a thread in the fitness and health section outlining my progress as an example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)