• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone just given up on Ancient? (2 Viewers)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
lets all sing 2gether now:
"we hate ancient...
burn!burn!burn!"
come on ppl, a little enthusiasm!

oh god i hate this subject!!! wish it didnt count 4 my UAI, then would no effort in at all - wait, dont put any effort in now, so i guess i couldnt put less in. ah well, i guess i could just not go 2 class, would learn just as much as i do in there.
whatever happened 2 yr 11 history? that was good.
i just hate it so much - i luv history and i luv ancient history but i hate the way they teach it at school/the syllabus. is complete crap. i mean, who really gives a crap that senenmut was 'master of the drain'. WHAT THE? anyways, maybe its just coz ive got a crap teacher.

damn u 2 hell ancient!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
I am not wasting my life on a course I find mundane at best. I'll work hard in courses I'm good at and actually enjoy. Like my other 10 units.

drop then. if you arent going to try, then you mose you will use your free time on your other subs

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
silvermoon said:
lets all sing 2gether now:
"we hate ancient...
burn!burn!burn!"
come on ppl, a little enthusiasm!

oh god i hate this subject!!! wish it didnt count 4 my UAI, then would no effort in at all - wait, dont put any effort in now, so i guess i couldnt put less in. ah well, i guess i could just not go 2 class, would learn just as much as i do in there.
whatever happened 2 yr 11 history? that was good.
i just hate it so much - i luv history and i luv ancient history but i hate the way they teach it at school/the syllabus. is complete crap. i mean, who really gives a crap that senenmut was 'master of the drain'. WHAT THE? anyways, maybe its just coz ive got a crap teacher.

damn u 2 hell ancient!
i think i need to make an ancient likers thread and post there ... agghhh. i am surrounded by .. by .. ancient hater! ( how could u?!?!!? .. wait ... dont answer .. )

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
jhakka said:
OK, here's how my Ancient classes usually go before exams...
haha. Happens like that at my school too. Mine would be like...

Teacher arrives ten minutes late.

Teacher: You know, you girls are going to fail if you don't put more effort in. I don't know why the other class can get full marks and noone here gets over 17.

Teacher leaves to 'photocopy'.

Teacher does not return.

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Moonie doesn't know what she's talking about half the time, don't mind her.

Facinated about the 'master of the drain' thing. I wonder if we need to know that :D

Demandred

HSC
This is what usually happens:

Teacher comes in.

Hands out notes.

We read a paragraph.

She lectures on what we just read (sometimes for 1 back to back page, it can go on for the lesson).

Questions are asked at the her lecture at the end of each paragraphs.

If we do finish before the bell, we usually get a few questions.

J

jhakka

greeninsanity said:
why not drop it?
Because it makes me feel better to have that leeway, even though it wont help me in the least. And 6 more frees each fortnight would be really boring.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Demandred said:
This is what usually happens:

Teacher comes in.

Hands out notes.

We read a paragraph.

She lectures on what we just read (sometimes for 1 back to back page, it can go on for the lesson).

Questions are asked at the her lecture at the end of each paragraphs.

If we do finish before the bell, we usually get a few questions.
somewhat like our ancient classes. except every now and then we make pretty ancient posters

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
Because it makes me feel better to have that leeway, even though it wont help me in the least. And 6 more frees each fortnight would be really boring.

even if you dont use your extra frees for work, and just relax and chill ( or go to the shops, or have an early lunch etc) it would still be beneficial to drop as
1) you wouldnt have to study ( and if u dont study at the moment it wont most likely count)
2) no asssigments and no "stress" from ancient
3) eveb if frees are boring, didnt u say ancient was boring?
if i were you i would seriously consider saying bye bye to ancient history

SmokedSalmon

HSC
*girl04* is right jhakka, ditch ancient history if its not going towards your UAI. I did the HSC last year and I know that keeping a subject just for some 'leeway' ain't worth it. U'll need those free's for extra study for ur other subjects and to just 'chill out'. It may make you feel secure by having 12 units, but ur just kidding urself.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
SmokedSalmon said:
*girl04* is right jhakka, ditch ancient history if its not going towards your UAI. I did the HSC last year and I know that keeping a subject just for some 'leeway' ain't worth it. U'll need those free's for extra study for ur other subjects and to just 'chill out'. It may make you feel secure by having 12 units, but ur just kidding urself.

yeah i think it depends on ur case. i am going to 12 units myself, because i am not confident with my subs, but jhakka just by reading your posts i can tell you HATE the subject and dont think it would count, so you should ditch

go ask ur teacher/ whoever tommorrow ( if u want to!, but sounds like it will be a great weight lifted off your shoulders :))

classics_chic

HSC
I loved Ancient and it was my second highest subject (90- not bad). I still do it at uni (in fact 3/4 of my subjects are Ancient related- Ancient History, Ancient Greek-the language-, and Classical Civilisation),

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)