Anyone likes bio but never get good mark for bio? (1 Viewer)

EdmondDW

HSC
These days, I am always thinking about my major...I like biology very much...the problem is I never did well in any bio subject...

In my first yr, I did 8 subjects, except three bio related ones, the others r all HDs....It seems that I am a totally a logical thinking man...I can get 95+ for chem, physics, math...but never did well in bio, I swear I studied hard....

Damn, to keep chasing my dream, probably I even cant get Class I honor after graduation...or switch my direction to chem or bio statistic, then do bio related project in PHD degree?

I am just so curious that how can some bio genius can even get 97 for bio subjects (In BABS ceremony, I met a girl got 97 for her biochemistry or whatever....cant remember)...anyone can share his or her experience about studying biology? I need someone's help~

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
These days, I am always thinking about my major...I like biology very much...the problem is I never did well in any bio subject...

In my first yr, I did 8 subjects, except three bio related ones, the others r all HDs....It seems that I am a totally a logical thinking man...I can get 95+ for chem, physics, math...but never did well in bio, I swear I studied hard....

Damn, to keep chasing my dream, probably I even cant get Class I honor after graduation...or switch my direction to chem or bio statistic, then do bio related project in PHD degree?

I am just so curious that how can some bio genius can even get 97 for bio subjects (In BABS ceremony, I met a girl got 97 for her biochemistry or whatever....cant remember)...anyone can share his or her experience about studying biology? I need someone's help~
I have same problem for Physics.

I can HD chemistry and math, yet can only get around 80'ish for Physics no matter how much effort i put in.

Though hopefully this semester should change that.

I guess the advice i can give you is, Just make sure you're not just memorising but actually understanding what is being said (Yes i know, quite redundant advice since you're in second year and know this already).

But if you really think about concepts you don't really understand eventually no matter how difficult, you will master them.

Also Try getting a few textbooks, for Physics Mechanics this semester, I borrowed 6 textbooks from the library in order to understand a particular concept i didnt understand well.

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Well, I was going to suggest that you become a biomathematician, but looking at your previous posts, you haven't done the right first year maths subjects for that. So unless you want to spend more time at uni, it is not possible.

Btw, your marks in bio are well above average, so nothing to really complain about, I don't think. Some schools at uni simply give lots of high marks out and others don't. In arts or law for instance, it is almost impossible to get over 90, whereas maths will give marks right up to the high nineties. I think Bio is one of the schools that tends to give lower marks. (BABS1201 is the only bio subject that I did and I got exactly the same mark as what I got for first year maths, so I don't know, I might be wrong about that...)

I think you should just do what you enjoy, and screw the marks.

Tim035

HSC
Please don't take this too personally, and I know this is just an online forum but your sentence structure and grammar is fairly sub-par. In the biological sciences, markers do like to see well planned and structured responses, as opposed to the number crunching & short / definition based answers that fill physics and chemistry exams.

In my pharmacology subjects this semester there were individuals far smarter than myself, however I far out performed all of them due to the mid-semester & assingments being composed of 10 - 20 mark questions.

.... Once again, just putting this out there as food for thought and there is a good chance this may not be relevant at all.

(holds breath and awaits the grammar police to rip this response apart)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
In the biological sciences, markers do like to see well planned and structured responses, as opposed to the number crunching & short / definition based answers that fill physics and chemistry exams.
Hey !

You just bag out physics ?

That's it, I'm making an enemies list and you're number 1 ;)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC

If you are passionate about biology, keep at it. Don't give up. Marks are just marks. 80 soemthing is still a great achievement by any standards. Remember some courses award high marks and some courses don't, even in the field of biology. You are only in 2nd year and there are so many courses you that you haven't had the chance to experience so just go for it and I hope you'll do well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)