anyone listened to Alen Jones this morning? - water restrictions & DOCS (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
his argument was so intersting.

i think it went soemthing like this (...cuz i was still in sleep mode)

Sydney Water wants to increase the price of water for households who use water beyond the 400 L restriction for 6 months.

Interstingly enough, households only make up 9% of the total water usage population, the large majority- 45% - of the population are businesses, but they are not paying any extra for their usage.

As a result of an increase in price for households, households are not buying plants and the green industry is losing profit by somewhat 25% of their annual figure. So basically ur nurseries, turf growers and other green industries are going out of business because of this price increase which 9% of the population have to pay for, and the 45% dont have to pay anything extra. That is just so illogical
....................................................................................

and did anyone else here the story abt how Docs has given a woman custody of her 2 children after she fulfilled her good behaviour period. apparntly she is a stripper, and while she was with a client at a hotel, her daughter, then aged 3, consumed abt 4(3?) extacy tablets which was wrapped in her chocolate wrapper.

Furthermore, when the doctors asked her what her child consumed, she wouldnt tell them that has overdosed on extacy; and now she is given the right to take care of her children.

There are soo many stories of how Docs is going wrong left and right these days, but i was wondering cant the government do anything abt it? like doenst it occur to them that DOcs have to improve in its performance?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
i'm just wondering what happens to the other 44% of water usage....

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
truly-in-bliss said:
Furthermore, when the doctors asked her what her child consumed, she wouldnt tell them that has overdosed on extacy; and now she is given the right to take care of her children.

There are soo many stories of how Docs is going wrong left and right these days, but i was wondering cant the government do anything abt it? like doenst it occur to them that DOcs have to improve in its performance?
leave my kids alone stalin

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
i do not listen to alan jones...the guy is a dead set idiot, redneck, bigot, old lady, conservative contradiction and closet homosexual (who seems to keep denying and then goes and attacks gay people)
not to mention he has something going on with John Howard

if you know what i mean...

cayte

I think suburban houses should have been obliged to install small rainwater tanks to reduce the strain on the water system. Local councils have notoriously slim foresight and only see the installation of personal tanks as a revenue cutter, ignoring the fact that ultimately it may help sustain our water supply. If every household used rain water for garden use or typical grey-water uses I believe our water situation would not be nearly so dire. Instead of creating legoland houses with tiny yards think about the sustainability of natural resources.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Why bother with gardens? Brown is just as natural as green.

Water usage figures are normally quite dodgy... Total water usage on its own counts for little if the term is not justified with reference to the supply system/s in question. Jones may have noted the source, but eh, he was the one who proposed that we turn the rivers inland so his views on water matters should be disregarded as it is.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
cayte said:
Instead of creating legoland houses with tiny yards think about the sustainability of natural resources.
Most legoland estates use recycled water..and don't have the same water restrictions as other house holds..

cayte

Well that's good, but the point remains that more needs to be done to reduce the collective strain on public water.

Egg_666

I'm amazed anyone still listens to that crock... (you can take away the r if u want)

On the Water issue, the water tanks are great ideas, but yeh stupid councils dont push it hard enough. did anyone fail to think that the 45% that is business and the other odd 40 that is farmland are things that are used to power the Australian economy?

Believe me, the extra cost for those that go over 400 ML (its definately not L, i drink that much everyday), is not meant to cover the whole water usage, its ONE solution towards saving water... by discouraging overuse. Every little bit counts.

Alan jones opposes it because that means he cant keep refilling his pool with fresh water once every 3 days... fkn selfish bastard

Get some perspective people... The water authorities are constantly trying to think of ways to curb water usage, and any move they make is a good one. I am not sure how much 400 MegaL is, but I'm sure its a lot, and it might stop people from over using. We only hear of the plans to save water that affect households, but beleive me exist for the farming and businesses.

On the DOCS issue, there is a lot more to child psychology than Alan Jones can ever read into. Until i hear some professional who does NOT speak crap for a living, than i can believe Docs may be going under.

Doesnt matter what the mother does/did, if shes committed to trying to raise her kids, it might be better than some estranged orphanage

K

katie_tully

haha..
It rained the other day...I was like...holy shit man, is that liquid falling from the sky? ARGGGH!!!

I'll make a quite brash statement right now, and I'll get fried for it but meh...
City people don't know how to value water. It's only now that you don't have any you guys decide to make it an issue...
Out here we have water tanks, if you live outside a 2-5km radius of a town they no longer supply water... You'd be suprised, a tank of water usually lasts 3-4 weeks...and after 3-4 weeks without rain stuff starts getting a little edgy...
Meanwhile, the town down the road has started to cart water because they're completely out...
In our towns the town people have had to start complying with tight water restrictions, because as it is, we're at about 30%? Wyangla is nearly completely empty.

as for the docs issue...docs has fucked up a few times before...and i guess, so long as the mother is reformed, no longer substance abusing and no longer being a whore she should get a second chance to prove that, hell yeah she fucked up.

Egg_666

your exactly right...the idea of the restrictions is for sydneysiders to begin to value water..

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
sorry, but i find the idea of a water tank ridiculous, no other major city in the world has to use water tanks, its just our water system is being poorly run

K

katie_tully

true...however it shouldnt take a drought or water restrictions to show people...sadly it does

Honestly, you'd be suprised how handy a water tank is. It would lift the burden of the Sydney water supply significantly..
And rain water tastes better anyway...HAHA except for the smog that the rain water has to pass through to get to your rooves and eventually into your tanks...Eh...

Generator

HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
sorry, but i find the idea of a water tank ridiculous, no other major city in the world has to use water tanks, its just our water system is being poorly run
Well you have to expect a poor service when the water system has long been viewed in terms of man controlling a limitless resource... The idea of mandatory water tanks is not stupid given the nature of Sydney's water supply network (rainfall, dams, rivers, pipes, etc).

Egg_666

SpoRTsGaL said:
look it never rains enough for those tanks to be put into good use anyway.
that could quite possibly be THE stupidest thing since bush become president (and then every word he said after that).

Under that logic, why have warragamba dam? If it never rains enough... why bother having it.

somborac

HSC
Regarding this issue I recon the goverment is just plain stupid.

If they could predict what would the weather be like in 10 years time, im sure they were able to predict this problem. If they can predict population growth, analyse the trend in water usage and analyse the pattern in water levels at the dam, im sure they were able to predict this problem long long time ago even before it became a problem.

As my teacher said, 40 years ago he went to the dam for tour and they said they could provide water for sydney if it didn't rain for 15 years, 10 years later that number reduced to 13 years, and now that number is 3 years or less.

So why should we have to pay extra, reduce our water usage for govermants faults and their selfish(ness). They could have easily implemnted recycled water system like in todays new houses and this problem would have been solved.

So if the "water patrol" comes to my house and decides to take a bite at me, ill take a bite at them, and a good one.

p.s. im not wasting that much water coz i got recycled water for cars and garden and still respecting the "restriction" law.

cayte

Tommy_Lamp said:
We're in the middle of a many-year long drought. No other major city in the world is suffering quite the same aridity in its country as is Australia. You're just a spolit city brat who believes that social problems are not your responsibility and that if things go wrong it is the government's fault and they should damn-well fix it so you can go on living your privileged lifestyle whilst trying to find something else to whinge and lay blame about. I could go on, but I think the points have already been made about the ways in which personal-use tanks ease the strain on public water. It's only common sense anyway, it shouldn't need to be explicated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)