Anyone NOT going to schoolies? (1 Viewer)

Lanz122

Emma-Jayde said:
I'm sorry, but I think schoolies is completely over-rated.
What's wrong with having some sort of celebration like going out to dinner or having a party at someones house?
I really don't see where the fun in going out every night for a week, and day for some, getting as drunk as you possibly can and having a hangover every morning.

Therefore I am not going!
Schoolies is a time to let go of all your hard work you have put in during the year....besides the best effort i have put in, i still managed to go out for dinner and many of my friends had house parties throuhghout the year....schoolies is a time to see something new....get away from your school mates, get drunk and meet new people... where's the fun in only partying with your school mates? if you don't wanna go....this is just where our life begins and we would like to begin it with a bit of fun....got a problem? call someone who cares...

lincolnbaker

Who said schoolies was for getting pissed and having random sex? :cool:

Look forward to seeing people up there, and suck shit to people not going.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
im not going to schoolies but im still going to qld after my exams but not with friends with my cuz...and then im going on an overseas trip with the family...so yeh...and my group was never bothered booking schoolies...so that is why i am not going...

myownreality

HSC
Hmmm fair enough if you don't want to go, but i can't see your reasoning at all? Like so many people in here have said- it is a once in a lifetime thing, i know so many people who haven't been able to go, and have just opted for the "oo lets have a dinner party" thing and have regretted it. We have been at school full time for the past 12 years..13...however many it is- this is our time to just let loose- its not just about getting drunk, its about celebrating, spending the last times with our friends together care free, making memories and basically just escaping from it all even if its just for a week.
Have fun with the dinner party though, im sure it will work out well. I'll see the rest of you cats in qld!

myownreality

HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
i may be going to COOLONGATTA with mates because he can get free accom. but tell me is there many chicks there?? my other mate's dad lives there and my mate goes up there and says there are sumbody help me<< i think im way 2 late to pay 4 skoolies ay??? so theres no hope in that << i mean gold coast area but do go if u can it'll be fuckin awesum

Heya- we're going to COOLONGATTA! No room in the heart of surfers, but meh 40 min bus trip and we'll get there!

Madski

HSC
im not goin skoolies.... ovaseas next yr for 3 months here i come! Id still lik 2 go skoolies but money is a bitch!

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
i'm not going to schoolies
not allowed / no real urge too

will stay at home, continue making digital music, animating, making short vidoes etc

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lmao, I heard that hotels and other companies in QLD rip-off students...but yeah its actually a fact, for a friend of mine actually owns a hotel there...

He was practically telling us that its 'ripping off time' when students head up there for accomo.

XD I'd rather stay at home, and surf the internet, talk to friends, and stuff.. I've heard of so many bad things that went wrong on schoolies trips :p

Counterfeit

HSC
Whats wrong with you people?!?

How is spending a week alone with ur friends, no parents, no commitments, unwinding, forgetting about the HSC, and having a good time a bad thing?

Ur such prats, its not all about getting drunk, its about celebrating the end of school with ur best friends, as well as making some new ones. Its like a party that goes for a week straight! Its realxed, its fun, its whatever u want it to be.
ITS YOUR TIME!

far out when my parents said i couldnt go i didn't let up until they gave in, i ckcied and screamed i washed the dishes, i was nice to my brother, i bought them flowers, i washed the car... there was no way i was ever going to miss out on my schoolies.

And no, im not going to the goldcoast, simply cuz thats not my scene, but im going to coffs for a week with 12 friends... how could u possibly not think that fun?
Friends Fun Beach Sun ahhh loves it.

Freaks, all of you!

0Jade0

HSC
I'm not going.
I've never wanted to. I would much rather spend my time here in Sydney. Saving up money to go overseas.

Anna D

HSC
let me think..... beautiful greek beach, queensland with lots of drunk morons... iknow what i'm picking. going to greece to live forever, bypassing the stupid ritual of schoolies altogether

HSC
N/A
I don't plan on going next year.

I am doing Pathways though, and so technically won't be finished my HSC completely... but really - I have no interest what so ever in the whole clubs/parties/alcohol thing. Most of my grade have turned into the most boring shits alive in the past year, because all they want to do now is go and get pissed every weekend. What's so fun about drinking yourself blind? In fact - what's so fun about drinking at all?

Heh. I don't know. Each to his own.

I am however, planning a much deserved trip to Thailand and Cambodia for when I finally finish my HSC. It's going to be fantastic. The markets, the people, the beaches, the temples, the food..... mmm so good.

I'm with the people who'd rather stay at home to unwind, or are just spending a few quiet days with friends, or planning to go overseas. Good for you :)

As for those going to Schoolies - meh, hope you enjoy yourselves too. It's just not everyones idea of a 'fun' 'relaxing' time.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
Counterfeit said:
Whats wrong with you people?!?

How is spending a week alone with ur friends, no parents, no commitments, unwinding, forgetting about the HSC, and having a good time a bad thing?

Ur such prats, its not all about getting drunk, its about celebrating the end of school with ur best friends, as well as making some new ones. Its like a party that goes for a week straight! Its realxed, its fun, its whatever u want it to be.
ITS YOUR TIME!

far out when my parents said i couldnt go i didn't let up until they gave in, i ckcied and screamed i washed the dishes, i was nice to my brother, i bought them flowers, i washed the car... there was no way i was ever going to miss out on my schoolies.

And no, im not going to the goldcoast, simply cuz thats not my scene, but im going to coffs for a week with 12 friends... how could u possibly not think that fun?
Friends Fun Beach Sun ahhh loves it.

Freaks, all of you!

word!

people give it these silly generalisations and assume that it's ONLY about getting pissed and getting laid from randoms wholl give you AIDS

no, that happens, but not EVERYONE does that shit

schoolies for me = great time with my GOOD friends, in a nice place, with a beach. just relaxing and unwinding

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)