anyone plannin on doin a distinction course next year (1 Viewer)

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
i'm doin accelerated geo this year in year 11 so i'll be doin my hsc this year and we've been told by our deputy principal that ppl who accelerate subjects are eligible to do 3 'distinction courses' - philosophy, cosmology and comparative literature in year 12 - offered by various unis which can count towards your uai. apparently they have really attractive scaling and really interesting. i'm thinking of doin cosmology, but i dont know much about the course and its workload, etc. anyone plannin on doin one of these courses next year, and does anyone know much about how they work?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A

NightShadow

HSC
i have friends doing it cause they did accelerated SDD and IT in yr 10 right...dude...you get a stack of notes as tall as your hand fingers extended...thats alot btw ^^

but it does scale better than 4 unit maths lolz...so if you feel like you got nothing else to do...then try it...my friends did an assessment already they do cosmo and brill at maths and phy too and they still got like 7/10 for it...mmm

these are also UNI level course I think too

Master Gopher

HSC
Planning on doing philosophy distinction course, currently doing accelerated Ancient History. At the moment my chances of a 6 are ok, but I fear I won't make it through alive (or at least without bombing out...). Lots of people at my school do accelerated Business Studies, but it's a bit of a cop-out, because it's easier than most. If I don't get to do my dist. course, I'm gonna feel cheated.

brassedoff

HSC
Master_Gopher said:
Planning on doing philosophy distinction course, currently doing accelerated Ancient History. At the moment my chances of a 6 are ok, but I fear I won't make it through alive (or at least without bombing out...). Lots of people at my school do accelerated Business Studies, but it's a bit of a cop-out, because it's easier than most. If I don't get to do my dist. course, I'm gonna feel cheated.
As one of the people who did Business Studies, it's a BIG cop-out. someone did the course 6 weeks, and I did 1/5 the night before. (admittedly, neither of us got band 6s, but it was in year 10...). Much easier than doing commerce, and we bludged most of the time without a teacher.

Fun :D

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
Nodice said:
Hey, Im doing that same thing: accelerated geography and hopefully cosmology next year if I think I can cope with it and get good marks in geo. How are you coping with it?
oh its going alrite. i'm comin second in a class of 19 so hopefully i'll do well for geo. wat school u go to btw. our teacher said sydney boys was the only school she knew tat did accelerated geo.

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
u can actually accelerate business studies ??? no one ever told me that before, is it hard ? how do u do it ?

tempco

HSC
it's way fun (philo, that is). do it if you have the chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)