Anyone play Tekken? (2 Viewers)

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
That's because Jinpachi is broken and can't be used fairly in anyone's hands.

I can use Jinpachi in DR on PSP, though.

I tried to convince a guy that Street Fighter is a lot harder to be competitive at, without bringing in the argument of button mashers. His only point was that Street Fighter is all about special moves, nothing else. He's kinda right, anyway - Street Fighter isn't juggle centric, and depending on the character used, you could probably win a match without even using a combo.
You could poke and turtle all day long in Tekken, but at some point a launcher will be used etc.

Anyways, despite being noob magnets, I think Law and Hwoarang are hard to master.
I rarely ever ever get Law's instant DSS (~b,f --> ESSENTIAL).
Being pro with Hwoarang is just impossible for me (Just-frame Sky Rocket, among other things).
Kazuya, his EWGFs, I can't do more than 2 in a row. Same goes for D.Jin, Heihachi. Wavedashing looks impossible too.

^^ Can't do those + Those are your mains = You are kidding yourself.

My mains
:
Steve and Bryan: I can't do their rapid punch moves 100%, but they're not that important.
Lei: I can't do his haha-steps very well, but, again, not essential.

linny1

HSC
lol button mashing is the shit.
unless they have that sticky thing on the side for which button combo is the best for playing, then i go nuts on the buttons :)

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
I dunno if anybody else here knows, but a month or two ago, Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur were announced for a PSP release...

The screenshots make Tekken 6 look kinda ugly, and Soul Calibur kinda perfect - I guess they'll both benefit from being consistently at 60 fps anyway.

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC
I dunno if anybody else here knows, but a month or two ago, Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur were announced for a PSP release...

The screenshots make Tekken 6 look kinda ugly, and Soul Calibur kinda perfect - I guess they'll both benefit from being consistently at 60 fps anyway.
The best Soul Calibur was the third!!! Number 4 sucks...

HSC
That's because Jinpachi is broken and can't be used fairly in anyone's hands.

I can use Jinpachi in DR on PSP, though.

I tried to convince a guy that Street Fighter is a lot harder to be competitive at, without bringing in the argument of button mashers. His only point was that Street Fighter is all about special moves, nothing else. He's kinda right, anyway - Street Fighter isn't juggle centric, and depending on the character used, you could probably win a match without even using a combo.
You could poke and turtle all day long in Tekken, but at some point a launcher will be used etc.

Anyways, despite being noob magnets, I think Law and Hwoarang are hard to master.
I rarely ever ever get Law's instant DSS (~b,f --> ESSENTIAL).
Being pro with Hwoarang is just impossible for me (Just-frame Sky Rocket, among other things).
Kazuya, his EWGFs, I can't do more than 2 in a row. Same goes for D.Jin, Heihachi. Wavedashing looks impossible too.

^^ Can't do those + Those are your mains = You are kidding yourself.

My mains
:
Steve and Bryan: I can't do their rapid punch moves 100%, but they're not that important.
Lei: I can't do his haha-steps very well, but, again, not essential.
i guess you do have a point though and law can be very difficult to master but with hwoarang its really fun to practice and basically i get all of the special combos from playing in ultra hard difficulty.

Steve and Bryan are really easy for anyone to conquer.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I tried to convince a guy that Street Fighter is a lot harder to be competitive at, without bringing in the argument of button mashers. His only point was that Street Fighter is all about special moves, nothing else.
Special moves as in hadoukens and stuff? At the top world level the special moves aren't used to do damage, but only to chip and finish off a combo and zoning.
He's kinda right, anyway - Street Fighter isn't juggle centric, and depending on the character used, you could probably win a match without even using a combo.
Lol yeah, some sf characters are meant to turtle - ie. Guile

Last edited:

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
so many asians.

i've played it before at like timezone when i've been waiting for a movie. i don't even know who the fuck i pick, usually whatever one looks more funny. so the crazy robot wood man or the cheetah guy. then i just press every button i can until i lose. yay!

Uncle

Banned
HSC
no i play gun game like da ghost squad.
because it more realistic at least if i pull real trigger on real gun it hurt or kill someone.

if i p[lay tekken i hit butt on i may hit someone but in real life what button to press to hit someone??

so i not play the teken

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
I've played EVERY single Tekken game so far, and I plan on getting Tekken 6 when it comes out. Tekken is definitely my favourite fighting game series.:)
Even Tekken Advanced for GBA and Tekken Card Challenge for the Wonderswan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)