Anyone repeat ever? (1 Viewer)

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
I don't know what im going to get in the HSC and have seriously regretted not doing enough work in preparation for them
the next couple of weeks i dont think will not be enough for me to get a decent UAI =o

has anyone ever repeated year 12 on purpose inorder to get a better UAI?
im still 17 and doing year 12 so im not going to be older or anything; so serious contemplation going into this idea =X.

although i would hate to do it again but if it means pursuing a better career, why not?!

suggestions.ideas.anything.plss =D

..07hscer..

HSC
well what are your intrests where do you want be later in life

commerce/business
health/sciences?

edit: just saw your signature "B Applied Finance with B Economics ploxxxxxxx!=D"

so im guessing your aiming for Macquire university yea..

well why not do B Economics at UWS after 6months transfer out

do you believe you won't reach the cut-off for B eco at UWS?

Last edited:

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
yeah..if i dont even get 73 well thats pretty pathetic from me then =o
i reckon i should be able to achieve that
and thats always been on my mind but still
will i really be able to transfer..? like i heard its pretty hard or im guna need a Distinction+ average?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
How effective repeating will be is dependent on the person. I know one guy who repeated, he studied hard and finished with a 98.9 uai. Whereas there are some people who repeat with the intention of doing well but because their friends have left and the pressures of HSC falls again they tend to lose interest, concentration and fuck up anyway. Repeating would be a great idea if you're certain that you will put a lot more effort towards school, if you're unsure just finish off and go tafe or however else you like - if you don't get what you need :)

And honestly- do you think anyone really knows what they'll be getting? The HSC is unpredictable, someone who's ranked no 1 for everything at school might end up stuffing it all up in the externals and come out with 63 uai. Keep on going! It's almost over now!! :D

Last edited:

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
gypo_rich said:
"Transfer from another university"

"- Students currently studying at another university who wish to transfer to a Macquarie University degree"

"Students must apply through UAC. UAC will take into account both their academic record at tertiary level as well as their UAI. For students who have only completed up to six months of tertiary study and seek to reapply through UAC, they will be selected based on the best of their tertiary study or their UAI, whichever is higher"

source: http://www.futurestudent.mq.edu.au/undergraduate/ApplyingAndEnrolling/AlternativePathways/index.html

scroll down to see it

id think youd need 2-3 credits a pass or a distinction i've got a friend doing this says its easily achievable with a bit of work to get those grades at UWS B eco
holy shit thats a relief =]
but doesnt that mean my uai gets taken into consideration; if my uai was good at first, i coudlve just gone into that course so do they like take a second, more hearted approach towards your application? :rofl:

btw cheers for the help =] its much appreciated

Last edited:

..07hscer..

HSC
though it says so on the site about the transferring before 6months of uni study is over - they'll only take into account whatevas higher - uni grades or UAI

call them up!! (on tuessday) - double check what type of grades youd need etc. and is it true.. lol

here's the numbers to call:
http://www.futurestudent.mq.edu.au/undergraduate/MoreInformation/Contact Us/index.html

here it is again in another section of the Macq site - FAQ"s

"How do I transfer to Macquarie University from another Institution?

After at least one semester of studying at university you can apply through UAC to enter a degree program at Macquarie University. For students who have completed one year or more of tertiary study, UAC will take into account both their academic record at tertiary level as well as their UAI.

For students who have only completed up to six months of tertiary study and seek to reapply through UAC, they will be selected based on the best of their tertiary study or their UAI, whichever is higher.

If you are successful and are offered a place at Macquarie University, there will be a Credit for Previous Studies slip included with the offer. You will need to send this with your official academic transcript from your original university to Macquarie University to gain maximum credit."

source: http://www.futurestudent.mq.edu.au/undergraduate/MoreInformation/FAQs/index.html

edit: why i know and writing all this - in case i dont make it first time as well

Last edited:

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
awessome!.
cheers for the info =]

i think im gna research on other unis as well see if they offer any of my other courses via transfers ;D

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Well now you know about what courses your going to select and what are the requirements that needs to be achieved. I'd suggest you get studying and do your best.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
If i don't get desired UAi I will defiantly repeat.

ricometa

HSC
is this possible since we get our uai around december before christamas, and by that time term 1 of yr 12 has finished
is is possible to repeat still?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ricometa said:
is this possible since we get our uai around december before christamas, and by that time term 1 of yr 12 has finished
is is possible to repeat still?
YES. Term 4 is nothing. :)

I know plenty of people who have done it. Pathways is also an option.

davidbarnes said:
If i don't get desired UAi I will defiantly repeat.
You say that now....:rolleyes:

ricometa

HSC
wish i could do i all over again
but i think im getting dumber and dumber. . so ill b better if i dont

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I am currently repeating Year 12..probably the only good decision I've made regarding my schooling up until now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)