Anyone studying design/ arts in ANU (1 Viewer)

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
There is a digital media arts course... but thats the closest you'll find i think. Imo you should have a look at COFA at UNSW too. They have a MASSIVE design faculty

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
ok, while i was in canberra i asked him the questions for you.

1 - What course is he studying?

hey starting off doing painting, but has now transferred to bachelor of visual arts - majoring in new media.

2 - What was his/ her portfolio like? (like, did he show a lot paintings?)
at the time, he was going to study paintings. so yes, his portfolio was mostly paintings. however he said if you're going to do media arts, show them whatever you've done so far. from folios to videos..to photos... whatever. just show them what you enjoy doing.

3 - What's the lectures/ lecturers like? Is he doing well or struggling?

lectures are fine, however it is a labour intensive course. You'll be expected to work most of the day, 5 days are week. From what i understand it's lectures in the morning, then practical stuff from then on. Some classes may have attendance marked down (i.e. you might need to attend 80% of lectures to pass etc).

The lecturers are good. at the moment one of the lecturers is paul kirwan. hes worked on big budget films like Lord of the rings, pirates of the carrabean and transformers.

In first year you'll be required to do compulsory "core" visual arts courses. This will be life drawing. Then you choose the major courses you want to do inorder to work towards you major. He said choose courses like video/web art, animation and sound.

hope this helps.
Davo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)