Anyone transferred into B. Com USYD from another uni here? (1 Viewer)

epsilon

HSC
Anyone? If so, could you please gimme a rough idea of what is expected of me to be able to do so next year? How much weighting does USYD's Eco and Business Faculty give to my uni mark, my UAI, or do they take an average of both? This is because UNSW's Commerce Faculty takes the highest of either one when considering students for transfers into their B. Com. Which uni and from what course did you transfer from? Or you can also drop me a private message.

Just looking for some information on this. Hope somebody can give me some help on this :)

Cheers.

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
50% uai and 50% ur 1st yr mark average( D averager maybe)........not sure, but i heard sth about it......... :cool:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Waht is your UAI? Roughly, with about a 95UAI and a Credit avg, you should be able to get a xfer.

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
sorry to hijack yout post epsilon, but wat are the chances for transfer with a uai in the mid to late 80s with a distinction average

epsilon

HSC
Where are you in now and what do you want to transfer into?

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
im curretly at uts doin b_bus and got a overall 'D' average for my 1st sem, im not sure if i want to transfer into the usyd b_comm, i jst want to consider all the options that i hav for nxt yr tats all.

HSC
If you get a distinction average, which equates to a 6.0 GPA (or a UAI of 96) and a UAI of 85, using the 50gpa/50uai method, you would get 90.50
if the cut-off for 06 lowers, you have a chance.
youd be better off trying to get a high 6.XX average to have a better chance

stazi

Nightman
HSC
90.50 is the NRSL ranking. It's not the same as the cutoff for Year 12 finishers

epsilon

HSC
Forvige me for bumping up this post, but it would seem that no USYD B. Com transferrie are replying here :( Well, is there no one at all here who did that, or who knows anyone else who has done that here?

I have a UAI of 91.75.

Must I get D average for my first year to be successful? Will Cr average suffice? I don't think I can manage that. Aren't NRSL cut-offs generally 2 UAI points lower than the school leaver's cut-offs?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated :D

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
epsilon said:
Forvige me for bumping up this post, but it would seem that no USYD B. Com transferrie are replying here :( Well, is there no one at all here who did that, or who knows anyone else who has done that here?

I have a UAI of 91.75.

Must I get D average for my first year to be successful? Will Cr average suffice? I don't think I can manage that. Aren't NRSL cut-offs generally 2 UAI points lower than the school leaver's cut-offs?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated :D
You'll need a D average.
NRSL cutoffs are not necessarily lower than the school leaver cutoffs - they aren't even really comparable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)