anyone UAI 90+ & did stand eng? (1 Viewer)

kow_dude

HSC
Did anyone get a UAI of above 90 and did standard english? I am curious because i think it is difficult to achieve 90+ since scaling for standard english is really bad...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i know someone last year who did 4u maths and std eng + sciences etc. and got 96/97

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I'm sure there are a lot of people.

Check the 2003 UAI's and HSC Marks corresponding with people's nicks.

If you really want to know.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by kow_dude
Did anyone get a UAI of above 90 and did standard english? I am curious because i think it is difficult to achieve 90+ since scaling for standard english is really bad...
well i got 94.65 with standard with 85 as my HSC mark.....i dont think its hard...though i wish i had done advanced!

lilp

yeah i got 95.45 with standard english...my standard english hsc mark was like 81

Winston

HSC
yes the girl in my scool who got band 6 for eng std :p she got 96 around that

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Yes, very possible. My cousin does Standard English, didn't get into band 6 for it (her mark for 86% in Std) and got a UAI of 99.2. It was largely based on her other subjects which consisted mostly of sciences and maths. Also, she was ranked first in Std english in her school, so that might've had something to do with .. not certain.

But that's all - it's very possible, even 99+ as evident :)

Edit: Marks for 2003

bachelor

well i got 78 for stnd english and got a uai of 90.5, its 90+ but not very convincingly :)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
did it last year and got 78 for std eng and UAI 93.75, 4 other people from my school got >90 with std eng

~DuMbEr~

Yeah i did..I got 87 for my english standard mark and my UAI is 93.70. Basically all u need to do is go quite well with your other subjects and pretty much get a band 5 for english standard..there shouldnt be any prob getting 90+ in that case..
But in saying that I do wish I had done advanced also..

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The scaling for Standard is exactly the same as for Advanced.

When will people start to listen? :rolleyes:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
The scaling for Standard is exactly the same as for Advanced.

When will people start to listen? :rolleyes:
then it's just had to understand what the advantage of doing advanced over standard is

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i did standard and got 90+

very possible n it aint hard...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
then it's just had to understand what the advantage of doing advanced over standard is
There's a nice little positive adjustment made to the modules paper for advanced students. And a not so nice little negative adjustment made to the second paper for standard students.

The adjustment is based on how well each group does on the common paper. The advanced group tends to do better on paper 1, and so they get a positive adjustment. But if, in one year, all the smart people chose to do standard and all the intellectually challenged people chose to do advanced, the standard paper would probably have the positive adjustment.

But after the adjustments, they're both scaled the same. :D And the marks from the common paper are never changed.

juggernaut

HSC
the twins in that smh article did general maths AND standard english and they both got 95

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)