Anyone wanting to get in B Policing at UWS? (1 Viewer)

gniz

HSC
hey all, just wondering if anyone else is interested in the Bachelor of Policing offered at UWS (Bankstown) - if so, why have you chosen this over the ADPP at CSU Goulburn?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
A mate of mine is doing it. I think it was primarily a travel reason though.

glo-stick91

HSC
hey all, just wondering if anyone else is interested in the Bachelor of Policing offered at UWS (Bankstown) - if so, why have you chosen this over the ADPP at CSU Goulburn?
Hey.

My friend got early entry or something into this course and she was saying that they have it set up so that you do your first 2 years at UWS then you do the final practical year down at Goulburn Police Academy or something.

At least i'm pretty sure that's what she said. lol

But yeah, she's wanted to be a cop for ages and they actually reccomend you do a degree and get some "life experience" before starting at the academy, so this works well for her :)

gniz

HSC
Hey.

My friend got early entry or something into this course and she was saying that they have it set up so that you do your first 2 years at UWS then you do the final practical year down at Goulburn Police Academy or something.

At least i'm pretty sure that's what she said. lol

But yeah, she's wanted to be a cop for ages and they actually reccomend you do a degree and get some "life experience" before starting at the academy, so this works well for her :)
Wow..I am so glad someone else is taking the same pathway I am. Most people are telling me I may/will regret taking becoming an officer through uni. But it is recommended that you get life experience and personally, going straight to the academy right after finishing HSC and being barely 18 isn't ideal for me. (I've also been told the students at the academy are a lot older)

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
Does it involve policing the actual UWS students or something? I knew there were a lot of stabbings in lectures and stuff but isn't throwing you guys in head first a bit dangerous?

Foodie

HSC
N/A
Does it involve policing the actual UWS students or something? I knew there were a lot of stabbings in lectures and stuff but isn't throwing you guys in head first a bit dangerous?
Puh-leaze. Stop trolling. :shoot:

It'll inspire a lot more confidence to have more police offers who have had life exp. and a degree under their belt, rather than 18/19 year olds patrolling the streets.

daniellelee

HSC
I've had this decision to make myself,tossing up between the
Bachelor of Justice Studies - CSU &
Bachelor of Policing- UWS

I contacted a police student liason officer from my local area in command.
She suggested that a university course before the ADPP is beneficial, especially for me as im going to graduate school at 17.5
there for filling in that time aswell as maturing is the best thing to do.
I Have talked to many police officers about this and they suggest doing somthing before entering the police force, having some life experience wether that be travelling( as many regret not doing so) or university.

Within all the researching i've done and police opinions i've gathered
the UWS is going to be better for me, as its closer to home,
has more opportunites for me specifically and aswell i believe it is more police specific, in addition to being able to select 2 electives of my choice.

Hope this has helped!

mz-sandraa

HSC
Yep, I am I received an early offer into uws for bachelor of policing (banks town)!and I think I am going to accept it!

mz-sandraa

HSC
You and I are on the same boat! It's good to know that someone is actually thinking like me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)