Anyone who is currently unemployed; would you rather it if.... (1 Viewer)

golfpro

HSC
N/A
You were getting paid a crappy wage but having a job over not having a job at all?

lets say the wage is 10 bucks an hour and 3 days work a week.

would you rather that than having no job at all?

yosemite sam

HSC
generally yes, also depending on how badly my hsc was going at the time and how generous my parents are feeling in the financial department at the time. but probably yes.

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
Yes, if
a) It was good career experience (not just 'customer service' experience)
b) It was enjoyable or at least easy

plus: No three hour shifts otherwise it's not worth the travelling time

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
watatank said:
i suppose it depends on what the work is
nah mate. doesnt matter.
I can't sit on an office chair or lift shit, mate.
I can order pizza and walk to the shops for ciggies and a case.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i have worked at an extremely crappy job before. basically i was being paid under award, being treated like shit, working in shit, dirty and even danegrous conditions, management didnt follow safety precautions (or practise appropriate food handling, which is quite disgusting since it was a restaurant). I also was paid cash in hand.....with $5 notes. At the time I hated it, but honestly it was actually a good experience for me, I learnt about standing up to shitty unethical people :). And I ended up with a much better job while I was at uni.

Also, they would constantly underpay me (even after taking account my rate of pay was under the award), and when I would approach them, they would always apologise and say they made a mistake because they don't speak good english and don't know how to count properly. really.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
yea, if you're bored shitless like me at the moment. that's why i am trying to cramp in 10hrs work everyday.

but if you're doing your hsc soon, forget it. you'd be better off using the time to study.

lala2

Banned
HSC
yeah, for all the above reasons people have mentioned. you get experience (or if not, beef up your resume), reduces boredom, you get money. but if you're doing your hsc soon, it's better to forget about it.

CieL

HSC
I've experienced crappy $10/hr jobs before.. I just searched for other jobs whilst I worked there, so when I get another [better] job, I quit this crappy cheapo job.

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
yes definitely better than nothing... especially since i haven't worked before, the experience is important and if it is an okay job then the referee is also helpful...

sthcross.dude

HSC
golfpro said:
You were getting paid a crappy wage but having a job over not having a job at all?

lets say the wage is 10 bucks an hour and 3 days work a week.

would you rather that than having no job at all?
thats appaling. id prefer no job and to just enjoy the time off while i searched for something better.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
sthcross.dude said:
thats appaling. id prefer no job and to just enjoy the time off while i searched for something better.
no way, maybe if you're studying/live at home, but I can say as someone who neither studies nor lives at home... total unemployment is a deadly, deadly trap.

hannahxxx

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
i have worked at an extremely crappy job before. basically i was being paid under award, being treated like shit, working in shit, dirty and even danegrous conditions, management didnt follow safety precautions (or practise appropriate food handling, which is quite disgusting since it was a restaurant). I also was paid cash in hand.....with $5 notes. At the time I hated it, but honestly it was actually a good experience for me, I learnt about standing up to shitty unethical people :). And I ended up with a much better job while I was at uni.

Also, they would constantly underpay me (even after taking account my rate of pay was under the award), and when I would approach them, they would always apologise and say they made a mistake because they don't speak good english and don't know how to count properly. really.
lol. I gotta admit having worked in a shitty place b4 too....it does toughen you up...for better or worse...you appretiate a good job even more when u get it...which I guess is positive...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)