anyone worked @ aldi (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
People I know who worked at Aldi say it was good. They pay you loads for supermarket work, and if you're on register you get to sit in a cushy chair.

You might need to lift boxes.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i went to hand in an application form and they told me to mail it to st marys, which i never quite got around to. but yes the money sounds excellent for a supermarket job so i'm going to go for it again as soon as i have time. so go for it. except not at my store because i want it. lol.

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i went to hand in an application form and they told me to mail it to st marys, which i never quite got around to. but yes the money sounds excellent for a supermarket job so i'm going to go for it again as soon as i have time. so go for it. except not at my store because i want it. lol.
just heard from a guy that the pay is ~$19/hour which is friggin awesome. lol and dont worry, i live in melbourne.

CieL

HSC
^ $19/hr for what age?

I've heard a lot of stories about Aldi..

How they work you like a dog.. and you have to have a high scan rate to work at registers.. *shrugs*?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
my friend (male) worked for aldi for a brief period. pay is good (19, which isn't bad), but they make you work like you're the slave. he got crap shifts (6am -12pm), had to lift boxes and restock. only chicks got to check out, because otherwise they will be useless. so chicks yes go for it, guys stay out.

CieL

HSC
wuddie said:
he got crap shifts (6am -12pm)
Sif that's a crap shift..

I've been forced to do several 5:30am - 9:30am shifts for a few months now

Oh yeahh.. Aldi has funny breaks too..

Something like 15mins is unpaid.. and I forgot how the rest work.. I just remembered wondering how the fuck does it go

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
only chicks got to check out, because otherwise they will be useless. so chicks yes go for it, guys stay out.
not necessarily. the new one @ north rocks has guys and girls on the checkouts.

T

Testpilot

Aren't you required to work 5 out of every 7 days at Aldi? If true it may be hard to juggle uni/school with this kind of work. Unless you're an arts student.

CieL

HSC
RabbitRabbit said:
you also have to be over 18 y.o to work at aldi
Serious?

Thought they'd support cheap labour.

Pr0digy

Veritas Lux Mea
HSC
I saw on the Aldi website that they require previous experience so that might partially explain why they pay so much...

Peartie

HSC
one of my friends applied for aldi...he was told he HAS to be available at least six days a week (and they roster you on for 5) you have to have experience, work hours are shite - something like 8 hours was the SHORTEST shift theyd offer him but pay was good......

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Testpilot said:
Aren't you required to work 5 out of every 7 days at Aldi? If true it may be hard to juggle uni/school with this kind of work. Unless you're an arts student.
yeah that's the hard part...i'd really like a job there for the pay and convenient location of the store but when uni goes back i'll only be able to do like 2 shifts a week tops. maybe i'll try and get a job there anyway and spring the uni thing on them when it comes around and if they chuck me out then oh well at least i made some cash while i was there... :D

7th Sign

HSC
they only accept full time workers as far as I know.

19 bucks a hour is not that good,

theirs heaps of jobs paying 20/hour for people in the ages 18-21.

Evilo

HSC
wuddie said:
so chicks yes go for it, guys stay out.
From what ive seen, i would agree.

Remember Aldi saves people money because they dont pack/un-pack anything.

Therefore if you're a checkout chick - then you just swipe and the customer packs themselves.
If you are a box boy, then you will be expected to just move boxes around. Keep in mind if you are not required to unpack anything then there would be no break between shuffling boxes (i.e. i work at liquorland, after moving a box, you open it and pack the shelves - giving you time to rest).
Thats my 2 cents anyway.

HSC
7th Sign said:
they only accept full time workers as far as I know.

19 bucks a hour is not that good,

theirs heaps of jobs paying 20/hour for people in the ages 18-21.
Really? What are some examples?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)