Anyone working on the upcoming public holidays? (1 Viewer)

mitch179

HSC
swingsarekool said:
you don't? is it just your normal hourly wage?

got my pay today :) i'm very happy
I got mine too.
Was very happy at getting paid so much. Hadn't been paid so much in ages.

Numero Uno

HSC
yeha worked 12 hour shift on xmas eve/day ,boxing day and new years day/eve in the mines
now im just waiting for Australia day
good times

Last edited:

akrinis

HSC
I worked on NYD and I think I'll only be getting Time and a half - it's so frustrating. All my co-workers are telling me different things. First I don't get double time, then I only get time and a half.. WTF? I guess I'll have to wait to get my paycheck. Time and a half is alright.. it's just the crew's lack of knowledge that irks me.

I loved working on NYD yesterday though. It was fun!

spence

HSC
akrinis said:
I worked on NYD and I think I'll only be getting Time and a half - it's so frustrating. All my co-workers are telling me different things. First I don't get double time, then I only get time and a half.. WTF? I guess I'll have to wait to get my paycheck. Time and a half is alright.. it's just the crew's lack of knowledge that irks me.

I loved working on NYD yesterday though. It was fun!
I think the reason everyone is confused is that there are people on different awards and the difference between casual and part/full timers.
Everyone on the old award gets double time and a half.
If you're on the new award, its double your base pay. If you're casual though, your normal rate is 1.2 times the base rate, so you won't quite get double what you usually get.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
Can't wait for my payslip next week. I did about 20 hrs on public holiday rates (yahoo!)

jirwin

HSC
isnt it double time and a half for nyd? thats what i got when i worked the public holiday back in october.

akrinis

HSC
spence said:
I think the reason everyone is confused is that there are people on different awards and the difference between casual and part/full timers.
Everyone on the old award gets double time and a half.
If you're on the new award, its double your base pay. If you're casual though, your normal rate is 1.2 times the base rate, so you won't quite get double what you usually get.
WTF? i just looked at my PAYSLIP for last week, and I was paid my NORMAL RATE for New Years Day! Either NYD isn't a public holiday and I'm nuts or my boss has made one hell of a mistake!! UNBELIEVABLE! :burn: They didn't pay me for the '2 hours' on the online intro either.

Has any other Maccas workers got their payslip back today yet?

This is how much I was paid:

I don't even get TIME AND A HALF! This is so ridiculous!

And THIS is how much i SHOULD HAVE been paid

I don't even know if I can raise the issue with one of my managers. Don't want them screaming at me.

Last edited:

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
" don't even know if I can raise the issue with one of my managers. Don't want them screaming at me."
Mate, you should be screaming at them!

Speak to the Restaurant Manager. You are owed heaps more.
I worked at Maccas for 3years, they did the same to me, they didn't pay me for when I worked a whole lot, part of the reason I left. I worked till 5.15, they paid me till 5.00. I worked back an hour, they didn't pay it. Owner was a Scab, yet a millionare.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I second that, do NOT sit back and let them rip you off. It may have been an oversight, or they may have delibrately withheld pay from you thinking they can get away with it. Speak to your manager, take your wage structure and payslips with you when you do for back up. If they don't backpay you ASAP, take the matter higher than restaurant management to head office/union, if that doesn't work look for another job - seriously. I was in a job for 5 years where I was ripped off, don't make the same mistake as me by staying put.

akrinis

HSC
You guys know something that's interesting? I knew that I worked 7 hours STRAIGHT with no break but my payer, our restaurant manager [who so happens to be on holiday, conveniently] - I think he altered the time I clocked on/off. I don't ever remember clocking off during my shift i.e I had no break, and my payslip said I did... Also, usually if I arrive a few minutes early for my shift and leave like 5-10 mins late, he somehow ROUNDS the clock on/off time to say, e.g 10:00 - 2:30 EXACT, when I clocked on at 9:55 - 2:37.

A lot of shifty things going on around my restaurant. Talked to a co-worker today. He got paid extra on our NYD shift, I'm so going to talk to my manager tomorrow. It looks as though I'm not the only one who wasn't paid extra either.

Last edited:

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
That's another thing you need to raise with him, or possibly take further up. You're entitled to your breaks, so you need to take them.

akrinis

HSC
It's bullshit. He says, "The company doesn't recognise it as public holiday". BULL. The other guy at work got double time. I'm so angry right now.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
akrinis said:
It's bullshit. He says, "The company doesn't recognise it as public holiday". BULL. The other guy at work got double time. I'm so angry right now.
Now, name and shame the company.

Or better yet, take it up with the workplace ombudsmen - they'll chase up your money for you.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
akrinis said:
Yep, as expected he is trying to swindle you.

I second workplace ombudsman, isn't there a HR department at head office for Maccas you can complain to as well? Take it higher than him, he'll feel the pressure from above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)