anyone? (1 Viewer)

happyhaha

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
I like Environents throguh time the most, even thoguh I don't do biology. I just find it interesting, whiel also being fairly easy.Caring for the coutnry is boring although nto hard, whiel tectonic impacts is a bit harder. Organic geology is the hardest I'd have to say though.

What don't you get with enviornments throguh time?
there's just alot to remember.. the geological time scale>> when certain things occured e.g. land plants, land animal, reptiles, amphibains etc. etc.. yea
got an easy way 4 me to remember within the next 7hrs??
anyways organic geology?? haha i got introduced species sooooo easy lols!

Aaron.Judd

HSC
jasonml said:
diagenesis, catagenesis, metagenesissssss!
I was surprised there wasn't this or much similar to it in the exam at all. Suits me though as this was clearly me weakest area of the option.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
happyhaha said:
there's just alot to remember.. the geological time scale>> when certain things occured e.g. land plants, land animal, reptiles, amphibains etc. etc.. yea
got an easy way 4 me to remember within the next 7hrs??
anyways organic geology?? haha i got introduced species sooooo easy lols!
None of that was in the exam after all.

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
as if you wouldn't study for this exam. hello, maximising your UAI

Aaron.Judd

HSC
ConquerDiscover said:
hey what did everyone write for the last question about the fragile australian continent???
I had to think about that question as well.

slntctrl

HSC
i just wrote a bunch of shit on the fragile australia question and im not sure how much was relevant lol.

did anybody leave early in the tests u were sitting, heaps of people left in mine....wtf

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
I was surprised there wasn't this or much similar to it in the exam at all. Suits me though as this was clearly me weakest area of the option.
I know! at the risk of sounding really pretentious, OG was a bit of a push over. Sort of dissapointing considering it is my fave/best topic. Oh well.

I used 2 writing booklets(PRETENTIOUS PRETENTIOUS PRETENTIOUS)

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
ConquerDiscover said:
hey what did everyone write for the last question about the fragile australian continent???
low relief, old age, stability, salinity

Aaron.Judd

HSC
I too wrote about low relief, old age, lack of surface changing processes, stablility, salinity (and natural inwards drainage), arid climate etc as wel as some other relevant stuff. I wasn't sure if I was right either but it was all I could think of, wasquite happy with my response at the end though.

Quacker87

HSC
I wrote about the old age, climate, urbanisation, fragile ecosystems and salinity/soil erosion...I hope it was okay... I wasn't too sure...

Quacker87

HSC
I'm not sure... But it definitely contributes to the fragile nature of Australia, right? It has an impact on salinity, the prevalence of native flora and fauna, households use up large amounts of Australia's water supply...removing it from the places that actually need it. The impact of urbanisation on Australia can be seen clearly when compared to the ancient, more intact continent...And then of course there is the arguable issue of climate change, that could very well be partly due to the greenhouse gas emission, which again is related to urbanisation...
Or did I approach the question from a the completely wrong angle? I have a tendency to do that...! haha...

HSC
Quacker87 said:
I'm not sure... But it definitely contributes to the fragile nature of Australia, right? It has an impact on salinity, the prevalence of native flora and fauna, households use up large amounts of Australia's water supply...removing it from the places that actually need it. The impact of urbanisation on Australia can be seen clearly when compared to the ancient, more intact continent...And then of course there is the arguable issue of climate change, that could very well be partly due to the greenhouse gas emission, which again is related to urbanisation...
Or did I approach the question from a the completely wrong angle? I have a tendency to do that...! haha...
yeah I think those are also viable points. I also wrote about the native flora and fauna, that since they have been isolated in Australia for so many millions of years and have adapted to the environment that any alteration in the environment can greatly affect them, such as introducing foreign species (biological factor).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)